You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Max settings?

Michael Garrett

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

So funny question: can anybody run their flight sim on maxed out settings reliably nowadays? Or reasonably close? 

What are the first things you uncheck if you can't? 

John McMurdo
Posted
Posted

I run XP11 but am unable to have all the settings maxed out.  I usually just have them one notch below max,  with the exception of reflection detail which I have all the way down to minimum. If I am flying offline, then I can afford to turn the settings up to the max since it does not matter too much if the frame rate occasionally drops below 20,  which only usually happens when going through heavy cloud or flying really low over an area where I have custom scenery installed.

The only two settings that really drastically impact my frame rate are world objects and reflection detail,  but even with my mediocre machine I am able to get good frame rates with fairly high settings.

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks. Great information. Dec 2 I get to return to flight simming and I'm going to try xplane for the first time. So I'm learning everything I can.