You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS Modelmatching for marketplace planes (encrypted)?

Andreas Thomsen

Andreas Thomsen
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi!

Usually you take the "title" from the aircraft.cfg. This file doesn't exist for marketplace planes. Even the vPilot internal matching doesn't show the planes but only the standard and community planes.

How do I get the plane's "title" for a custom VMR?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Edited by Andreas Thomsen

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You could maybe read it through simconnect while you have that plane loaded as the aircraft you're flying.

However, are you sure you want to use those planes for model matching? If they're flyable aircraft, they usually have a much more complex 3D model than "AI" planes, and may negatively affect your framerate if you use them for model matching.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Thomsen
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

You could maybe read it through simconnect while you have that plane loaded as the aircraft you're flying.

Thank you. I hoped I missed a more convenient way.

However, are you sure you want to use those planes for model matching? If they're flyable aircraft, they usually have a much more complex 3D model than "AI" planes, and may negatively affect your framerate if you use them for model matching.

Well, for a lot of GA planes there are no good AI models. But I fly VFR with my friends and performance never was an issue so far. But isn't that what vPilot does as well, "no AI in a VMR, then the standard model"?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Andreas Thomsen said:

But isn't that what vPilot does as well, "no AI in a VMR, then the standard model"?

No, the default model (by default) is a model designed for AI usage, not a complex flyable aircraft. Users can override this, of course, and change the default model to something complex, but it is not recommended, for the same reason it's not recommended to use complex models in your VMR files.

As you've experienced, it should be fine with small groups doing VFR flying.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC