You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL issue

Nader Moniri

Nader Moniri
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've had the bluebell package installed for a while now (XP11) and notice that AAL aircraft are almost always displaying the incorrect livery, Finnair, Iran Air, Concord, Avianca, all kinds of carriers except AAL.  Any advice on what may be going on?

Edited by Nader Moniri

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

If you enable debug logging in the xPilot plugin settings, xPilot will log the CSL model matching results to the X-Plane log.txt file. Enable debug logging (then restart X-Plane before flying) and upload the log after your next flight if you're still experiencing anomalies with AAL aircraft. Details on how to enable debugging logging can be found here: https://beta.xpilot-project.org/#/xplane?id=advanced-options

You can read about how the CSL model matching algorithm works here (this is the library that xPilot uses to render VATSIM traffic): https://twinfan.github.io/XPMP2/Matching.html

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Nader Moniri
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I'll do that.

Nader Moniri
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, Justin Shannon said:

If you enable debug logging in the xPilot plugin settings, xPilot will log the CSL model matching results to the X-Plane log.txt file. Enable debug logging (then restart X-Plane before flying) and upload the log after your next flight if you're still experiencing anomalies with AAL aircraft. Details on how to enable debugging logging can be found here: https://beta.xpilot-project.org/#/xplane?id=advanced-options

You can read about how the CSL model matching algorithm works here (this is the library that xPilot uses to render VATSIM traffic): https://twinfan.github.io/XPMP2/Matching.html

Thanks for the heads up on logging csl, there's clearly a mess of issues with csl according to the log file.  Not sure where to start except maybe a different package.

Log.pdf

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted (edited)

You seem to have two installations of the BlueBell.

'Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL//BB_Virtual/BB_Air_Spain_VA' is already in use by 'Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL// Bluebell/BB_Virtual/BB_Air_Spain_VA/

Edited by Lauri Uusitalo
ACH2118.jpg

Nader Moniri
Posted
Posted

So, when I erase the CSL package and let xPilot download and install using the .downloadcsl command, there problem remains, two AAL aircraft on the ground at CLT show up as Germania and Alitalia.  Other airlines seem okay.  This was the section from the log file on CSL...

0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  XPMPMultiplayer.cpp:154/XPMPMultiplayerInit: XPMP2 2.50 initializing under X-Plane version 11550/OpenGL and XPLM version 303
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 19: Different aircraft type (A320 instead of A321) for model 'BB_German_Air_Express_VA A321_Hannover' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 25: Different aircraft type (A320 instead of A321) for model 'BB_German_Air_Express_VA A321_Karlsruhe' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 37: Different aircraft type (B350 instead of BE20) for model 'BB_WAT_VA BE20_WAT' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 68: Different aircraft type (B748 instead of B744) for model 'BB_WAT_VA B744_WAT' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 79: Different aircraft type (B753 instead of B752) for model 'BB_WAT_VA B752_WAT' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 85: Different aircraft type (B763 instead of B762) for model 'BB_WAT_VA B763_WAT' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 141: Different aircraft type (E195 instead of E190) for model 'BB_WAT_VA E195_WAT' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 xPilot/XPMP2 WARN  CSLModels.cpp:397/AddMatchCriteria: Line 157: Different aircraft type (MD88 instead of MD82) for model 'BB_WAT_VA MD83_WAT' ignored, rest  processed
0:01:32.557 I/PLG: The plugin xPilot 2.0.0-beta.38 is setting global TCAS override to 1.
0:01:32.557 xPilot: Now listening on ipc:///tmp//xpilot.ipc
0:01:32.557 I/WIN: Opened window menu bar
0:02:20.471 xPilot/XPMP2 ERROR CSLModels.cpp:164/FetchVertOfsFromObjFile: Could not open 'Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Boeing/B717/B717_DAL.obj' for reading!

Nader Moniri
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Lauri Uusitalo said:

You seem to have two installations of the BlueBell.

'Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL//BB_Virtual/BB_Air_Spain_VA' is already in use by 'Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL// Bluebell/BB_Virtual/BB_Air_Spain_VA/

Remove one of those.

Thanks, the second one was a new download from BB on top of the xPilot installed on, I removed both and did one (and both alone)  and still the same issue.

Nader Moniri
Posted
Posted

Doing some reading on other forums, I also wonder if this is just a matter of some of the liveries are just not right.  Being observing at a busy field and see that some AAL are okay, some are not, and even had a DAL show up as Air India.  

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

There are two matches that needs to be done, model and livery. If the model does not match, how is the replacement chosen? There is a selection for default model, which I have set as A320. Does that mean if AAL A321 is not found it replaces it with AAL A320 or by random A320?

Yesterday I was at EDDF and there was a CRJ depicted as F22... I have no idea what algorithm generated that.

ACH2118.jpg