You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM DUPLICATED ACCOUNT

Walid Jlassi

Walid Jlassi
Posted
Posted

Hi im an avgeek and i love flying on vatsim but 1year ago i was a begginer and made a fault that caused me to not fly on vatsim : I made many accounts and i didn't knew that this is illegal on vatsim so my main account and the other accounts were suspended and i can't connect on vatsim . i contacted the vatsim support and told them about the story they answered me saying that i need to send them a proof of my real identity i sent them my passport and until now there is no response . So please i want some help to get a solution to connect again and fly in this great network . Please 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Alright, let's be real with some facts, here...

You have created 10 accounts.  

In each and every case when you registered an account, you were presented the information FIVE TIMES that users are authorized ONE account; users are not to create duplicate accounts.  You also certified, each time, that you understood and agreed to abide by our User Agreement and Code of Conduct, both of which also clearly state that users are authorized ONE account; users are not to create duplicate accounts.  So that makes 50 times that you have been notified of this requirement and 10 times that you agreed to it.  

But wait, that's just during the registration process....

In each of the 9 times that you were found to have created a duplicate account, you were very clearly told what you needed to do in order to proceed to get your original account reactivated.  And, you were also very clearly told that users are authorized one, and only one, account, and were further warned not to create additional accounts.  

And then, of course, there are the 3 support tickets you opened.  In each of those cases, you were very clearly told what you needed to do in order to proceed to get your original account reactivated.  And, you were also very clearly told that users are authorized one, and only one, account, and were further warned not to create additional accounts.  

Sixty-two times you were told not to create duplicate accounts.  Ten times you acknowledged and agreed to it.  Twelve times you were told what you needed to do in order to get your original account reactivated.

I reviewed the tickets you submitted.  Although in each case you were told what to do in order to get your original account reactivated, you have not.  You said in your post that you submitted passport information.  I see no evidence of that.  I would suggest you try again.  Make sure you're responding to your most recent ticket from 27 Aug 2022.  Or, if you created a ticket with yet another fake name, you may respond to that one, but please reference your primary CID.

Now, finally, let me be really clear when I say this.  You must stop trying to create additional accounts if you would like to participate and remain a member in this community. 

• Like 3

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Walid Jlassi
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, in this letter you wrote me all my mistakes and you convinced me that i'm 100% wrong i deserve the ban from the vatsim network but this mistake is old like 1year ago and i was a begginer and didn't read the vatsim policy and start randomly creating accounts . but my mind has changed and i became a frequent pilot and i have the experience so i need a full guide from you to get back my account and i promise that i don't make any mistake again on the vatsim network . i need just a little bit of help because i don't have any idea how to get back my account alone please help me and read this letter carefully . And if my Vatsim account will be back i will be so happy .

regards Walid

Edited by Walid Jlassi

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

I believe that you have been told many times what to do. Please let the Membership Department know what it is that you don't understand in the messages you have been getting. 🙂

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Perhaps it's just a terminology difference, but you have never been "banned" from VATSIM.

Your account was disabled on 17 Dec 2021 because, at that time, you had created 4 accounts with 4 different names.  Even though at that time you had been told at least 20 times about the requirement to only create one account, and with your real, true name, and with each registration you were required to certify that you understood and would abide by those requirements.  Even though you certified that you understood and would abide by the requirements, you failed to comply.

So for "a full guide...", you should refer to the guidance given to you in the emails you received with each Duplicate Account Disabled notification on:

• 17 Dec 2021
  • 17 Dec 2021
  • 17 Dec 2021
  • 17 Dec 2021
  • 20 Dec 2021
  • 21 Dec 2021
  • 22 Dec 2021
  • 20 Mar 2022
  • 13 Jul 2022
  • 29 Aug 2022

Or you could refer to the guidance given to you on each of your support ticket responses on:

• 23 Dec 2021
  • 21 Aug 2022
  • 27 Aug 2022

The guidance is the same in each of those communications.  As I stated before, simply reply to the 27 Aug 2022 ticket with the information required.

• Like 1

Don Desfosse

Walid Jlassi
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...
Walid Jlassi
Posted
Posted
On 12/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, Don Desfosse said:

Perhaps it's just a terminology difference, but you have never been "banned" from VATSIM.

Your account was disabled on 17 Dec 2021 because, at that time, you had created 4 accounts with 4 different names.  Even though at that time you had been told at least 20 times about the requirement to only create one account, and with your real, true name, and with each registration you were required to certify that you understood and would abide by those requirements.  Even though you certified that you understood and would abide by the requirements, you failed to comply.

So for "a full guide...", you should refer to the guidance given to you in the emails you received with each Duplicate Account Disabled notification on:

• 17 Dec 2021
  • 17 Dec 2021
  • 17 Dec 2021
  • 17 Dec 2021
  • 20 Dec 2021
  • 21 Dec 2021
  • 22 Dec 2021
  • 20 Mar 2022
  • 13 Jul 2022
  • 29 Aug 2022

Or you could refer to the guidance given to you on each of your support ticket responses on:

• 23 Dec 2021
  • 21 Aug 2022
  • 27 Aug 2022

The guidance is the same in each of those communications.  As I stated before, simply reply to the 27 Aug 2022 ticket with the information required.

hi its me the guy that i made many vatsim accounts and my main account is banned . iv'e sent to you all the required documents like my passport to identifiy me but there is no respone please i want to find a solution to solve my problem 

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I suggest you re-review my post from 26 Dec 2022.....  Nothing has changed.  You say you have sent Membership the information required to resolve your issue.  I see no evidence of that.  Again, re-read my post from 26 Dec 2022.....  

Frankly, I'm getting tired of telling you the same thing, you not doing it, and then you complaining that your issue isn't resolved.  Worse, you're doing it on the forums, where the other 890,000 VATSIM members can't help you.  Respond to your last ticket with the information requested.....  It's really that simple. 

• Like 1

Don Desfosse

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

I am enjoying this more straight forward management style. Keep it up chaps. There is hope yet 😄 

• Like 3