You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Non VATSIM Aircraft Showing on FSX and FlightSim Commander

Michael Johnson AS-129

Michael Johnson AS-129
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone!  Relatively new to VATSIM and currently flying my 5th flight online.  Not sure if anyone can explain this (see image) but I am getting aircraft that appear to be non VATSIM related in both the simulator and also in FlightSim Commander.  The callsigns do not match up with anyone I see on VATSpy.  Was just curious if anyone else has encountered this.

Kindest regards!

Michael Johnson (AS-129)
AirSource Virtual Pilots Union

VATSIM-2.jpg.47acf4b4bea3a0620ab7e720b8186465.jpg

VATSIM.jpg.9adfec8b65b0a3034687cbeb2835d34b.jpg

Edited by Michael Johnson AS-129

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Have you gone to settings and disabled your AI Traffic?  The sims usually have the ability to create AI traffic, which are not seen by anyone but you.

• Like 1

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Michael Johnson AS-129
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Sean Harrison said:

Have you gone to settings and disabled your AI Traffic?  The sims usually have the ability to create AI traffic, which are not seen by anyone but you.

I'll double check the settings on that, but would that prevent VATSIM from injecting actual traffic into the FSX world or is that overridden when you run vPilot?

Thanks Sean!

• Like 1

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

You should disable AI traffic when flying online. ATC and other online pilots can't see your AI traffic, so all you get is confusing yourself and others, when trying to distinguish between traffic, which you need to avoid due to Rules of the air or atc commands.

• Like 1

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)