You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Is vatSys being actively developped?

Alp Deniz Senyurt

Alp Deniz Senyurt
Posted
Posted

We are interested in moving to vatSys however there is still lot of missing things. The last commit on the history dates back to March of 2022. Is vatSys being developed or the current version is final?

Regards,
Alp

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

Hi Alp

Yes work is continuing in the background, on vatSysServer (and the new client that connects to it). The change log you’re looking at is the standalone traditional client, which will be obsolete once server is complete. You can read a little more about server in the pinned posts of the forums here. 

Which features are you missing the most?

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

Alp Deniz Senyurt
Posted
Posted

Since I’m not in Navigation Department, I can’t give you a full list however as far as I remember, ability to convert the sector and missing onboarding tools, COPX, ground layouts and tools etc. For example we draw STARs on TopSky based on active runways, is this a possibility? These are only the things that are on top of my head, there are several more but since I’m not part of Navigation Dept I can’t provide a full list.