You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

suggestion Tours and awards

Aleksandr Kudriavtsev

Tours and awards  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see world and divisional tours and awards added to vatsim?

• Yes
    • No
    • another suggestion (write in comments)

Aleksandr Kudriavtsev
Posted
Posted (edited)

Example:Vfr tour, ifr tour, business jet tour, airline tour, vintage jet tour, vintage prop tour, cargo tour, helicopter tour, glider tour, ultralight tour, long haul tour, 

Edited by Aleksandr Kudriavtsev

David Bromage
Posted
Posted

I like the idea of a vintage airliner and/or vintage prop tour using VOR navigation where possible. I'd like to see a big conga line of 727s or DC-3s!

A multi stop VFR tour for small aircraft would be interesting, using smaller/regional airports where possible. For example, a "Cannonball Run" in North America (not actually a "race") or across several countries in Europe.

Airliner/long haul tour has (sort of) already done for the last 20 years with World Flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Globe
Posted
Posted

I've voted no, as I've seen what it's done to the quality of pilots on IVAO over the years. Will the same happen here? Or will there be incredibly strict rules for pilot quality? I can't see either being good for the network.

• Like 1