You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using SBHost that came with SB 2.3; ...

Robert Posl 920966

Robert Posl 920966
Posted
Posted

Up untill now I have been using the Host SB.dll (SBHost my modules directory in FS) About 4 of 5 times SB has crashed while trying to connect. I almost get to the last window (with the pic of the planes and button with "get into action").

After reading through some of the forums here I read that using "SBHost.exe" that comes with SquackBox (which is in the SB directory) is recomended. I tried using that and IT CONNECTED.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THE SBHost WINDOW IS UNDER FS, i.e. I would constantly have to switch windows to send messages to ATC when not in voice mode!

P.S I'm also using ZoneAlarm and have put the sliders to medium, but it still crashed while connecting using SBHost in modules diectory! My PC also freezes for a while (30sec's) when I start it up, about the time when the ZA icon appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Best regards from Slovenia, ROBERTO!

ROBERTO,

Slovenia

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

I say as I use to. If possible the best solution:

If you have video card with two screen output, use two screens. It's an advantage for many purposes.

(Second hand screen should be low cost, while video card with two screen output is little more expensive if you haven't already)

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

David Voogd 857885
Posted
Posted

I use two screens for this very reason as well. I have SBHost (the external program) and squawkbox on my extra monitor, with FS in windowed mode on the main one. I drag the windows taskbar over to the second monitor while in flightsim, giving me nearly a full screen, except the small blue bar at the top. If I'm flying a jet (which is rare) I'll use FSNav and have it up on the second monitor as well. My second monitor is an old 13" one I got with my first computer (in 1997, I bought FS98 with it) but it does the job quite nicely, I'm sure you or someone you know has a spare one lying around.

David V

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted
I drag the windows taskbar over to the second monitor
Thanks, just didn't get it into my mind.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png