You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACSim and VISTA

Chris Brew 814351

Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

Anyone having problems running ACSim with VISTA? The issue I have is after ACSim loads itself, it crashes after I have selected a sector file to load into it.

Jean-Frederik Dion 819740
Posted
Posted

Same here Chris. Crash to desktop. "runtime error 13 , type incompatible"

Any apt file I try to load will make it crash, even KBTV example file.

10 minutes later EDIT :

Just got the problem fixed. I realized that in my Regionnal & language settings (under Vista), the decimal caracter was set to comma (,) instead ov period (.) Made the switch and no more crash!

Hope it works for you as well!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Jean-Frederik, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you are talking about TWRTrainer, and not ACSim. is that correct?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

My regional and language settings arent the problem with ACSim, it gives me this when I try to load up a sector file: 'Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'. With TWRTrainer it crashes immediately and I get: 'An unknown error has occurred and the program will terminate'. I imagine some of the files needed to run these applications under XP/2000 aren't found in VISTA?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, that's most likely the case. I don't have Vista so I can't troubleshoot it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Greg Pfeil 953999
Posted
Posted

were you guys able to use Squawkbox with vista though?? And if so how?? Also correctly? or how it should be ran?

MYSIGNITURE.jpg