You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Widefs and two computer problem - cannot see other aircraft.

Richard Hennessy 869493

Richard Hennessy 869493
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I have just started trying to set up Vatsim flying on two pc's linked via a network crossover cable and have an issue. I can get connected fine but I cannot see any of the other users aircrafts. I can actually hear their engines beside me but I cant phsically see them. They dont show up in FSnav either. I have registered versions of both widefs and fsuipc. Below is my setup.

PC1 Server: FS2004, wideserver, FSUIPC, SBRelay, internet connection

PC2 Client: Squawkbox, AVC, Activesky, Servinfo, wideclient

I have a copy of the CSL in the aircraft folder on the server machine and just to be sure i installed FS9 on the client and also made sure the CSL was in here too.

The steps I use to connect are as follows.

- dial up to internet on server.

- open SBrelay on server

- wait for SBrelay to finish loading then launch FS2004

- Open multiplayer session and join the session that shows up here.

- Create flight and load so that aircraft is parked at the gate.

- Run wideclient.exe on client machine. The connection is made successfully on both machines and 1 connected shows on title bar.

- I then run squawkbox on the client. I run through the connection steps as when i only had one system and it connects fine.

- I show up on servinfo and at airports where i know there is traffic around me, i cant see them.

Can anyone please give me any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

Regards,

Richard

Worldflight USA 2007 - Click here

to visit!

sig.jpg

Richard Hennessy 869493
Posted
Posted

For anyone that may be interested or have the problem in the future, I think I have solved it. I just added WIDEFSVER=3 into the squawkbox.ini file in C:\Windows on the client machine.

Richard

Regards,

Richard

Worldflight USA 2007 - Click here

to visit!

sig.jpg