You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how to...

Max Montocchio 998258

Max Montocchio 998258
Posted
Posted

ok i'm completely new to this.

first of all, what do i do with the XSquawkbox_Vatsim.xpl? does it go directly into plugins? i put it there but x-plane won't recognize it.

second how do i setup the audio thing??

third how do i connect??

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Hi Max,

First of all, I'm a windows user so can only explain how this works with windows.

1) You place everything inside the folder with the XSB windows items into your plugins folder.

2) Just make sure you microphone is working properly and run the audio configuration wizard from the Plugins/Squawkbox menu. It will help you set your audio settings properly.

3) You have to enter your name, vatsim certificate ID, callsign, and vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. For the server to connect to - you can do this based on your proximity to the vatsim servers. You simply enter the IP address. I'm closest to the Vatsim USA-W server so I enter 216.93.170.44 into that box. For a full list of server ips for vatsim try http://www.vatsim.net/data/who_vatsim.html

The FAQ on the XSB site is helpful as well http://www.vatsim.net/data/who_vatsim.html

If you need more help feel free to post.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Just rechecked:

Extract the entire ZIP file somewhere.

Open the "for plugins folder" folder.

Copy both the XSquawkBox_VATSIM.xpl and the entire XSquawkBox Resources folder into your /plugins folder.

That should do it. If you don't have the XSquawkBox Resources folder in there I don't think it will work

Good luck, let us know how it goes, and see you online soon. I dont know where you are from, but there are lots of us X-Planers who regularly fly out on the west coast of North America.

Ian Elchitz

Max Montocchio 998258
Posted
Posted

i don't have that audio configuration wizard. does that only come with windows???

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Are you a Mac or a Windows user?

Ian Elchitz

Max Montocchio 998258
Posted
Posted

mac. got it workign now. Just one more problem: how do you speak? is there a button you hold like on a walkie talkie?

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

I'm not a MAC user so I can only guess here. Somewhere in the Squawkbox or voice setting you can specify a button or key for Push to talk. When it is pressed, you can see a little "T" in a red circle appear on the left side of the screen.

Ian Elchitz

• 1 month later...
Peter Larsen 885332
Posted
Posted
mac. got it workign now. Just one more problem: how do you speak? is there a button you hold like on a walkie talkie?

I am a Mac user and i have [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned my PTT button on my yoke, you do it via the XSB setup.

I am using the CH-Yoke .

3500.png