You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Display Problem

Joe Flanagan 951388

Joe Flanagan 951388
Posted
Posted (edited)

I bought X-Plane shortly after version 8.0 was released but never tried it. I recently got a new computer and I've installed it and did the update to 8.60. I am running a DLP projector for my main display, and have a second monitor on the same video card. When I start the sim, the picture keeps switching from one display to the next everytime I click something. If I go into the display settings and click the check box to display the cockpit on a second monitor, then when I exit settings it doesn't switch back and forth anymore, but I get a big map on my main display and nothing on the second. If I close the map, all I have is a big grey screen.

I'm using Vista, with an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 processor and an ASUS EN8800GTX video card with 2 Gb RAM.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joe Flanagan

Edited by Guest
vatusaacadvz3.jpg

Peter Nolin 954217
Posted
Posted

Officially X-Plane doesn't support vista yet. (as far as I recall)

And we all know that Nvidia had some real serious issues with graphicsdrivers for vista.

New drivers arrived 2 days ago. (Forceware 101.41) Have you tried them?

Personally I'm gonna stay with WinXP atleast 6 more months until all these issues are resolved.