You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnections - Beyond a joke now, please help

Kieran Eves 914599

Kieran Eves 914599
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Since Friday, upon connecting to ANY of the vatsim servers after about five minutes I get disconnected. After trying to reconnect for the first time I get an error message, either unauothrized client software (16) or a protocol error. On the second attempt, it reconnects only to be disconnected about five minutes later.

I tried FSInn, ASRC and they do the exact same things. It only seems to happen after 18:30 though.

Please help as this is killing me not being able to make a full flight.

Thankyou for any help

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Who is your ISP? I remember this issue has come up before.

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Kieran, I think I seen a post in the VATSIM-UK forums about this, I couldn;t remember if it was by you or not. As Matt mentioned, there's been a few people with similar problems and most of them if I recall correctly are in the UK. The main ISP with these problems is Tiscali, and the problem is the same, disconnections around peak time (after 6pm til about 11pm).

I hope you are able to get is sorted, maybe someone with the same prob would be able to shed some light in the topic.

Goodluck and all the best.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

James Houk 989146
Posted
Posted

What operating system are you running??

If it is vista you may need to right click on SB/FSINN and ASRC go to properties and select "Run as Administrator"

Kieran Eves 914599
Posted
Posted

It was my message on Vatsim-UK

My ISP provider is PIPEX

I am using Windows XP MCE

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

Let's debug.

possible ISP problem:

Do you get kicked off when you are NOT using FS?

Do you have stats provided by your ISP that can tell you if they kicked you off?

other:

Have you done a search in these forums for the word "disconnect" and, possibly, "FSX" or "XP" or "UK" or some combination?

Don't give up. Many of us had to struggle to get things set up "just so", and we all are glad we did.

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png

Michael Turner 918589
Posted
Posted

Hi Kieran

It sounds like a PIPEX problem - I was kicked off the servers a couple of times this week although I wasn't disconnected from the ISP. I was last online on Thursday when everything was OK so hopefully the problem has been sorted. I can't remember this ever happening before.

I thought it might be something to do with the fact that I recently upgraded to the Pipex MIDI 8mbs service (bit of a con that - I do a daily speedcheck and it never goes above 2mbs).

Steve Pardy 1002348
Posted
Posted

It could be a problem with P2P disable it in FSINN, and see if that helps.

David Cormell 992760
Posted
Posted

I too am on 2mb Pipex, and have just stumbled across the post having too been constantly disconnected from the VATSIM UK-1 server during a BAV flight without losing connection to my ISP. It's a nightmare trying to log hours as a BAV pilot when you can't do an uninterrupted flight. The time is 20:55pm - so yes, maybe a peak time problem

• 2 weeks later...
Blake Gray 841141
Posted
Posted

Want my advice? Dont use Fsinn.

Mr Gray

"Keep The Shiny Side Up And The Greasy Side Down !"

Live Streaming Simulators KSP, TKOM, FSX, ARK

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

But FSInn's not at fault here.

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

• 1 month later...
George Giomelos 894292
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone!!!

I have exactly the same problem and using Pipex as my isp. I have noticed that during afternoon hours before 6:00pm I have no problem at all connecting to the network with any client including VRC FSINN and SB3. But usually after this time and when the network is packed with traffic, disconnections come every single minute. Also after 11:00pm everything almost returns to normal. I have searched in all clients forums but this thread is the most similar to my case. Initially i thought that problem was my router and so i switched to a brand new Netgear DG834G but unfortunately the problem still persists.

Any help is really welcome

Benjamin Fels 871459
Posted
Posted

Mr Gray

I agree with you