You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft Display, or lack thereof...

Ingo Harders

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

System only displays one type of aircraft:

I have been flying successfully a few times now after a long period of trial and error. One annoying problem remains, ALL other traffic is displayed as "Citatiion II" the same aircraft I am flying. It looks sort of silly to approach an airport and see 5 other Citations around and nothing else. I have the CSL installed.What am I missing?

Daniel Hill 865943
Posted
Posted

I've been trying to figure out this same problem for a while now. Everything else works well and I followed all directions for installing the CSL folder in my FS2004/Aircraft folder as directed. I researched all the threads I could find about this problem and even watched your thread Ingo, hoping someone would respond one more time and come up with the magic answer to this.

Even carefully reading this thread : http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=802

I also carefully followed the SBRelay author's directions for installing SBRelay and his directions for installing the 'csl' folder also. I even stuck the 'csl' folder and CSL_ICAO Excel file in my Squawkbox folder. In addition to putting the 'csl' folder in my aircraft folder in FS2004 I took all the files from inside the 'csl' folder and placed them simply inside the 'aircraft' folder in FS2004 just to cover all my bases. All without any luck. Every aircraft I saw online in VATSIM was my own. And again, I say, I followed all directions carefully as outlined in the above thread including filing my flightplan before connecting and so on.

I finally reread the SBRelay author's 'csl' installation directions again and noticed his instructions to make sure the 'aircraft' file located in the 'csl' folder was named 'aircraft.cfg' and not 'aircraft.csl'. I had followed these instructions carefully and had named this 'aircraft' file 'aircraft.cfg' and left it in the 'csl' folder until today. Today, I simply renamed this file 'aircraft' and removed the '.cfg' from it's name and now I see other aircraft properly (unless another's 'csl' file is different or is not installed properly or if these other pilots have connected before they have filed a flight plan). I can't swear that this will fix this problem for everyone and I don't know why this small renaming of this file has fixed my problem--but --today was the first time I've actually seen a Continental 737 near my airplane and not just a duplicate of my own aircraft (which is frequently a Citation II also--one of my favorite paywear aircraft).

Is it possible that your 'aircraft' file in the 'csl' folder is named 'aircraft.cfg' or 'aircraft.csl' ? Check this and make sure it is simply named 'aircraft'. It still remains a '.cfg' file but is simply named 'aircraft'.

You're not alone. Many others have complained of this problem and I've finally figured out why mine wasn't working. Good luck.

DH

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply. I checked and I only have "model" and "texture" files in my csl folder. Can you send me your aircraft file? ([email protected]). I really do not want to re-install squawkbox and go through this trial and error period again.

Once again, thnaks for your help.

Kevin Kan
Posted
Posted

this happens only when you don't have the installed aircraft of the other pilots and when the CSL doesnt have the model for them either.

If a Delta Boeing 747 flies in front of you, you would be able to see the correct CSL plane and not a citation.

Just to make sure you installed the CSL correctly, you drag the entire CSL folder into aircraft. Make sure when you click the CSL folder the next thing is the aircrafts.

1723.png

atc2o.png

Like my GOAT? Too bad, it's mine.

My airline flying at the speed of normal

Daniel Hill 865943
Posted
Posted

Be happy to Ingo. I'm emailing you my csl file right now.

Dan H.

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

Daniel & Kevin,

Thank you very much for all your help. With Daniel's fiile it worked just fine. For some reason I only had sound, texture and model folders in my csl file and nothing else. Regardless, it works now, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Timothy Cox 848609
Posted
Posted

hey Dan, you mind shooting me a copy of that file? I'm having the same problem with no luck solving it. timcox at comporium dot net (boo! spam!)

VATUSA Atlanta ARTCC

Senior Controller

Daniel Hill 865943
Posted
Posted

Tim,

Just emailed this to you. Good luck.

DH