You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sweatbox - Localizer not matching

Tobias Vollmann 923254

Tobias Vollmann 923254
Posted
Posted

Hi everybody!

During my last exercises with sweatbox I noticed a problem.

When I get an airplane to intercept the localizer, it does so - but the plane's path does not match neither with the runway centerline nor the added correct ILS. It catches a "fictional localizer".

For example (EDDH):

ILS heading 152,

runway centerline heading 154,

airplane's path on the "localizer" heading 157.

One solution could be to change the added ILS to the (wrong) localizer heading, but that wouldn't be the best way because we also use the sectorfile in daily controller's work on VATSIM, and have to match with the pilot's ILS headings.

Any other hints?

Greets,

Tobias

Matthew Kreilein 881422
Posted
Posted

Sure the magnetic variations etc. are correct?

Matthew Kreilein

?cid=881422attachment.php?attachmentid=1125&d=1321217166

Tobias Vollmann 923254
Posted
Posted

Hi Matthew,

this is our sectorfile's INFO section:

EDWW_FIR_0703

EDWW_OBS

EDDH

N053.08.34.999

E009.25.08.000

Currently we do only have 1 degree mag var, and I think that cannot explain more than 5 degrees deviation.

And to make it more complicated - the airplane will arrive at the threshold and will not miss the runway.

Anything else to help me?

Greets,

Tobias

• 2 weeks later...
Tobias Vollmann 923254
Posted
Posted

*bump*

Any other ideas?

• 1 month later...
Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

ACSim has an acknowledged bug with the headings (and it doesn't use the mag var from the sector file so you can't correct for it). All headings seem to be about 10 degrees less than they should be - as if there is a constant cross wind that always blows from the right of all planes!

The ILS tracks are also affected by this but I've found you can fix this. ACSim uses it's own sector file and you can have a special one only for use by ACSim. In that file, increase the bearings of the runway by about 10 degrees - experiment until it looks right.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Tobias Vollmann 923254
Posted
Posted

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply.

Sounds not that good, but better than the status quo.

Regards,

Tobias

• 1 month later...
Chris Brew 814351
Posted
Posted

I solved the same kind of issue the way it was suggested here. I load a different sector file into ACSim (with adjustments made to localizers) and use the original one for controlling on VRC. The localizer adjustments I've made have only had to be 3 degrees, but at 15 miles final an aircraft shows a mile or so off the centreline.