You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't book an ATC position

Artur Abadjan 924443

Artur Abadjan 924443
Posted
Posted

Dear all,

First of all, guys, many thanks for such interesting project like this. I wish you to reach the excelent results with this program and to optimize it in the best way.

However, I have a real problem with using Booking System. The thing is that, i can't book an ATC position not within Moscow CTA. My raiting is CTR and i would like to book another ATC position within VATSIM Russia (VATRUS). When I try to book for example UDYZ_CTR (Yerevan Control), which is a part of VATRUS, apears an error, saying that Erevan FIR doesn't belongs to Moscow CTA. It's true, but VATRUS is not only Moscow.

Are any ideas to solve the problem?

And the second misunderstandings, that Armenia was virtualy attached to Russia Federation. Thnx for this great news, but the reality is quate different. Plz, make Armenia independent with all routes to/from this country. It's sad to see: "Yerevan-Zvartnots (Russia)".

By the way, if it's possible, plz make an oppotunity to switch time from LOCAL to UTC in options.

Best Regards,

Artur Abadjan,

VATRUS5 Membership Manager.

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe you must log 1 hour of controlling time in each FIR (or ARTCC if applicable) in order to qualify to make a booking. In the US we have one collective FIR for the contiguous states, but logging an hour of controlling at New York does not allow one to book in Los Angeles.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Guest

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

vroute considers each ARTCC to be a separate FIR.

Keep in mind that being able to book a particular position in vroute does not mean you are allowed to staff it. Its a bit like saying "I promise to bring you $100 tomorrow" and not fulfilling the promise because you forgot that you're unemployed.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Artur Abadjan 924443
Posted
Posted

Michal, you are absolutely right.

BUT!

As soon as VATRUS controllers get CTR raiting, according to VATRUS rules, they are fully authorized to control anywhere within VATRUS. It happens so, cause we havn't got separate vARTCC, that are separated by VATGOV. If you check VATSIM database - you couldn't find vARTCC within VATRUS. According to VATSIM, we are - Eupore Region Russia Division, but we are no separated on different FIRs. As a result all our ATC controllers can book only Moscow CTA.

So, plz be sure you are fully understand our problem.

Best regards,

Artur Abadjan,

VATRUS5 Membership Manager.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

We will find a solution. As you can see, what is good for USA is not good Russia and vice versa.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Roman Zimin
Posted
Posted

VATRUS6,

Deputy Events Coordinator

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

But also a really good reason for moving around the FIRs you are authorised to Control in.

My ATC rating allows me to control anywhere in the Oceania region but there are 18 FIRs available to me. If I want to pre-book any in the future, it will mean I have to Control in them all sometime to have vroute recognise me! That is what adds to the fun of VATSIM.

I do most of my Controlling in New Zealand and so far that is all that is on my list, but I'll slowly move around to other places to have vroute recognise me!

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

I'm an I1 at ZAU, unable to book ATC positions at all. Telling me I am not a verified controller on the network. I've already verified my account and logged quite a number of hours since registering with vroute. Not sure what the problem is.

Thanks.

AD

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Indeed vroute has not recorded you under any particular FIR. It must be one of these non-standard non-ICAO US callsigns - we'll solve them one by one, but not all at once. Maybe you would have a moment to email me your most common/recent ATC positions and I could start from them?

Michal

vroute.net founder