You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unsafe application

Andre Senecal 842410

Andre Senecal 842410
Posted
Posted

I downloaded vroute.zip from vroute.net . Ran setup.exe

By magic, before I got a chance to input any information: I was logged in and Verified ! ! !

The name, email address and ID information fields are all filled in and, of course, they are not mine.

Furthermore, I can't change the information because there are no edit possibilities.

Very poor security. I can't understand how VATSIM approved this program.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

You must have fallen victim of either a broken random number generator or a extremely unlikely case that a 10-digit random number generated for your computer was the same as generated for another person.

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it is a broken random number generator I have just published vroute.info release 1.0.4.3 which uses a random number PLUS current date/time to make such problems even less likely. I kindly request that you reinstall vroute and remove the vroute.net folder from your Docomeents And Settings/*/Local Settings/Application Data (replace * with your local user name) - this will restart the registration process.

Michal

vroute.net founder