You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

help me with 2004 and squarkbox

Richard Mather 863373

Richard Mather 863373
Posted
Posted

hi ive been on vatsim with 2002 but i just since got 2004 i cant get the squarkbox and 2004 to behave when i try to load it it only gives me to options asking for 2000 or 2oo2 but not 2004 and the instructions left by prc were very little help

Squawkbox Install

1. Once you have downloaded Squawkbox, unzip it and run the SETUP.exe file

Note: if FS2002 is not installed on your system, you need to manually create these folders so that SB

can be installed. You may delete them once you have completed this set-up

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Aircraft

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Models

2. Follow the install prompts – If you do not have FS2002 installed, you may be asked what version of SB

you wish to install: FS2000 or FS2002. Select the FS2002 version.

3. Copy the CSL Folder from FS2002\Aircraft to FS9\Aircraft

how do u do it with detail lol how do u make these files whgere do u get them and how do u make this thing work if i dont sort it soon im going back to 2002

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Aircraft

X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2002\Models

Lauri Matikainen 884852
Posted
Posted

Hi

Here´s how I did it with FS2004 (and succeeded) :

1. Download Squawkbox 2.3. Select FS2002 even though you´ll use FS2004. Change the install folder from FS2002 to Flight Simulator 9. Unzip the content. Go to FS9/Aircraft/csl and rename the file Aircraft.CSL to Aircraft.CFG.

2. Download latest FSUIPC and extract the .DLL file to FS9/Modules -folder. Overwrite the old FSUIPC.DLL that came with Squawkbox.

3. Start a flight in FS2004 and on the menu bar press where it reads "FSUIPC" on the right corner. Then press "Register an application program". Program name: squawkbox

Key: LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

4. Download SBRelay and unzip the files to a folder of your choice.

Getting online is as in FS2002, but before running FS2004, run SBRelay.EXE. Join the session the EXE creates by choosing Multiplayer -> Connect on FS2004 start menu. Join to this same session also with Squawkbox. If session isn´t found, try searching it with IP 127.0.0.1. And if you use the firewall Zone Alarm and have problems finding the session, make sure you have the latest updates of ZA (they should fix it.)

16.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Lauri Matikainen Download Squawkbox 2.3.

It should be correct, but note that the link to Squawkbox 2.3 is broken. (No matter you have Squawkbox 2.3 already)

But you need at least SBRelay for FS2004.

If you need anything to download:

Look at Vatsim main page Pilot Resources -> Pilot Software -> at the top "Complete VATSIM Software Package for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Convenient one download package for Microsoft Flight Simulator pilots. ". It include all Software and docomeent to install to fly on Vatsim include all for FS2004.

FS2004 will work, ignore that Squawkbox is created for latest FS2002 only. The SBRelay fix compability for FS2004.

Note that there is difference how to startup and connct with FS2004. Read the docomeent for FS2004 with care and don't just do same as for FS2002.

There are several difference such as you start SBRelay first, you JOIN multiplayer in FS, you leave some of the IP-addresses empty or enter 127.0.0.1 .

Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png