You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Australian Airspace

Matt Chase 974571

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

I hate to add to the list of posts that you must be bombarded with, but there is one or two things wrong with Australia Airspace. One quick one, Sydney is in YMMM. Secondly, I've Logged on as ML-SNO_CTR and BN-DOS_CTR, and my callsigns weren't recognised as Melbourne Centre and Brisbane Centre. Its no big issue, it just becomes a bit annoying when I try and book a session. To help, here is the list of Melbourne and Brisbane Centre Callsigns.

YMMM
ML-SNO_CTR - 125.200
ML-BIK_CTR - 125.000
ML-CAN_CTR - 128.500
ML-TAS_CTR - 123.800
ML-NUL_CTR - 132.900
ML-KLG_CTR - 134.300
ML-PIL_CTR - 134.000
ML-IND_FSS - 122.400
ML-X_CTR - 119.600
YBBB
BN-ARL_CTR - 124.800
BN-DOS_CTR - 121.200
BN-KPL_CTR - 133.200
BN-TRT_CTR - 133.700
BN-DAT_CTR - 127.600
BN-TSN_FSS - 128.600
BN-X_CTR - 118.500

Thanks!

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

John Golin
Posted
Posted

Matt;

Michael and the VATPAC staff are aware of this. Jackson and myself were involved in the later stages of Beta and have already been in contact. Technically, vroute is correct - there are only 2 FIRs - VATPAC obviously had to divide those up into different Centre positions for practicality online.

Michael said he will be making information available for Divisions to submit airspace information to him, and I'm sure the VATPAC guys will get that done as soon as the info becomes available. I would expect he is a bit busy right now. The good news is, because of his design, only the server needs an update, not your program, so when the info is uploaded by staff your client will automatically get the update.

If you have any more VATPAC specific observations please let the staff know on the VATPAC forums and they can compile the list and make sure the right information is p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed to Michael once.

Bookings will not work in the VATPAC region at the moment due to the FIR situation.

Cheers

John

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Ok!

I am aware of the two FIR's, I just had observed that the map view only seemed to recognised BIK. No worries though.

And another easy idea with the server, makes it much better than the trillion ServInfo updates.

Thanks!

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

John Golin
Posted
Posted

And another easy idea with the server, makes it much better than the trillion ServInfo updates.

Absolutely!

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your patience.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

First step done - you can now book BN-* and ML-* positions via the book page. Also your online presence under any of the callsigns listed above will cause vroute to identify you as a controller permitted to do ATC in YBBB/YMMM respectively.

Next to do - display of these sectors on the map.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

Wow!

Thanks heaps!

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Michael,

Great program. Is thera any chance of getting the Oceanic Sectors linked to an area. I logged on as BN-TSN_FSS and it didn't show under Australia on the Online Section. The two that are mainly used

BN-TSN_FSS

ML-IND_FSS

Cheers, (Just noticed the time stamp on your post above. Would this fix these Callsigns also?)

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Yes, there is a chance, within next 2 weeks. Not now, unfortunately.

Michal

vroute.net founder