You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Route altitude restrictions

Pete Kalker 811752

Pete Kalker 811752
Posted
Posted

Fantastic program!

Any chance deleting the altitude restrictions that come up when entering new routes? There are routes that we use in the real world where we may file for FL400, but on vRoute, the same route is restricted by altitude..... i.e. J75 not useable FL220-FL410 where in real life it is.

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

Along similar lines, the Add New Route feature is great, but there should be an option to disregard the altitude restriction part of it. Perhaps a checkbox "No Altitude Restriction". Or even better would be the ability to put in EITHER/OR the low or high altitude. For instance, KMEM-KATL could be given the MEM7 RMG RMG3 at or above FL180. As it is now, it has to be given FL180-FLXXX.

216.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

The low/high airways is something that could never work in Europe, which happens to be a much more crowded airspace.

The altitude restrictions are checked against DAFIF 0608 AIRAC cycle navigation file. If it says J75 is not available between 220 and 410, it means it is not - according to DAFIF.

I have no intention to reduce the quality thresholds for route acceptance - they must be flyable with standard FMC and they must follow all rules that I'm able to check automatically. Actually, for Europe we used to check all routes against CFMU which is a real life verification procedure, extremely strict and sophisticated.

regards,

Michal

vroute.net founder