You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Routes

Lee Waldeck 866831

Lee Waldeck 866831
Posted
Posted

Where are the pre-loaded routes coming from? I've noticed several within my ARTCC (KZOB) that appear to be very out-dated (over a year old.)

I've already updated them via Simroutes in the past, and would dislike having to do it again though this great tool.

Lee Waldeck

XXX CTR: Are you equipped for the XXXX arrival?

NWA DC9: Negative, we are equipped for radar vectors.

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

It would be nice if we had the same "edit" option for those as we do for others.

216.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Hi Lee,

I regret to admit that some of the routes, especially for the USA region, are out of date. This is why I introduced a feature in vroute where anyone can submit new routes or corrections to existing ones - like in Wikipedia. I am currently accepting (as a moderator) as many as 100 new routes per day and 200 corrections to existing routes, so the quality is improving very quickly.

regards,

Michal

vroute.net founder

Lee Waldeck 866831
Posted
Posted

Well, I'll admit that's quite disheartening.

We have almost 1300 routes listed on simroutes, and it would take me(us) quite some time to re-input them into your system correctly.

I imagine most of the other ARTCC/FIRs will encounter this issue soon as well.

Lee Waldeck

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

You can always ask Ian to make an export and mail it to me - for batches of 500+ routes I'm happy to upload them together in one operation.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Lee Waldeck 866831
Posted
Posted

Michal,

In what format would you accept routes to be imported into vroute?

Lee Waldeck

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

There's an old Excel template from EUroute times (http://www.euroutepro.com/template.zip) - but basically anything that has two airports, flight level range and the route field will do.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Larry Huber 886604
Posted
Posted

I added a route from KPIT to KBOS but it will not accept the SID or STAR as part of the route.

Larry Huber,

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted
I added a route from KPIT to KBOS but it will not accept the SID or STAR as part of the route.

As explained a few times in the forum, vroute will not add the SID or STAR as part of the route.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

A SID procedure called for example DEDOL2G will only be accepted if DEDOL is a valid waypoint. Same for STAR. Both American (WAYNE1) and European (DEDOL2G - with an extra letter) formats are recognized.

Michal

vroute.net founder