You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem/Bug Thread?

Matthew Kreilein 881422

Matthew Kreilein 881422
Posted
Posted

First, the booking, route lookup, flight planning aspect of this tool is GREAT!!! Very well done. I'd like to know how to do 1% of what's needed to make this kind of thing.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if there was an official "problem" area, but if not, I'd like to start it. I'm pointing to things I know from looking and knowing ZNY ARTCC.

1. As mentioned before, ZNY is listed as "New York Oceanic" and when ZNY Center comes on, the ocean lites up but not the mainland. ZNY has "New York Center" and "New York Radar" for the mainland and oceanic sectors, respectively. The map showing the two areas that was used in ServInfo was pretty accurate.

2. Callsigns are limited. For example, adding "NY_CAM_APP" (the primary app callsign for Kennedy) pulls up and error that it's not recognized. There needs to be more freedom with callsigns as there was with ServInfo. Even "NY_CTR" isn't well received.

3. Airports are sometimes in the wrong area.

KPHL should be "filed" under ZNY and not ZDC. Others...

KHPN, KDXR, KISP, KPNE, KSWF, KILG. This was also a problem in ServInfo, but not with as many in the ZNY/ZBW/ZDC area.

4. DP's/STAR's don't seem to be included by default. Not sure if they were entered into however the routes are pulled out or not.

Of course I'm being nit-picky here, but that's what these threads are for at times, right

The piloting tools (weather, route lookup, etc.) and the booking system is just FANTASTIC. Great job again!!!

Matthew Kreilein

?cid=881422attachment.php?attachmentid=1125&d=1321217166

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

hi,

vroute needs improvements and i realize that. Sometimes I need a little bit of help in getting things done the way you require.

As to the specific issues:

1. NY, Miami and Oakland will be fixed. Please don't report the same thing over and over.

2. Callsigns are limited, because otherwise people would add NY_IVAO_APP or NY_AS*****. If you have special callsigns that should be on the list but are not, please have someone from the ARTCC mail me a list of such non-standard callsigns and I will add them up. This is already done for Australia for example.

3. If an airport is physically in ARTCC A but you have an LOA about moving it to ARTCC B i can't help it. I can move the airport, but then flights on the ground with no plan filed will show in the other ARTCC.

If the airport is simply delocated then I can fix it - and I realize there is some problem with the coordinates of some smaller airports. I can fix these on a case-by-case basis, and it would help me if someone set up a simple table with airports, latitudes and longitudes (preferrably in degrees and fractions of degrees, rather than minutes and seconds). This will get the issue sorted out the fastest possible way.

4. What is "by default"? All the routes were posted by real people and some put DPs and some did not. Of course you are absolutely free to use the edit feature and add DPs/STARs to any route.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

4. I think what he means is that the routes that were already in the system at launch do not have an "edit" option for us to use and as a result, most of the routes out there do not include SIDs and STARs and there is nothing we can do about it except wait until they are so unpopular that no one sees them anymore.

216.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

These routes are uploaded from FAA preferred database and were meant to be regularly updated from the source - at least until AIRAC 0608 turned out the be the last one. Do you think I should enable editing/removing the FAA routes as well?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

Yes definitely.

216.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Do you find the FAA comments (the rightmost column) useful at all, or should I just hide them?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted
Do you think I should enable editing/removing the FAA routes as well?

OK, the possibility to edit also the FAA routes is now available. It will take up to 2 days for all the local caches to expire, so if you're in a hurry but the feature does not show, then please clear your IE cache.

Michal

vroute.net founder