You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vRoute Routes

Robbie Close 936559

Robbie Close 936559
Posted
Posted

Would it be possible to for VA's and other sites to tap into the vRoute Routes database, I can see this as a real usefull tool?

Robbie Close

Member of RAAFvirtual and RANvirtual

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's possible. What would you like to achieve?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Robbie Close 936559
Posted
Posted

To have a page that pilots can search for routes between two airports (eg; YSSY - YMML) and recieve a flight plan that would be cool. What would be even better would be to also get the rest of the stuff you get in vRoute like weather maps booked atc but particularly, the Pilot Briefing Card

Robbie Close

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
To have a page that pilots can search for routes between two airports (eg; YSSY - YMML) and recieve a flight plan that would be cool. What would be even better would be to also get the rest of the stuff you get in vRoute like weather maps booked atc but particularly, the Pilot Briefing Card

I second that request!

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Then they should use vroute.info, which would deliver them all of this and even more.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Robbie Close 936559
Posted
Posted

Sure, just thought it would be nice for VAs and Pilots to direct link into this part of the system so persons who don't use VATSIM for example don't have to download another program

Robbie Close

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

And why would I so openly support non-VATSIM users, without even nagging them a little about becoming a VATSIM member?

vroute is not like IvAe, where you had to have an IVAO account and you could not even take a look at the program otherwise. But it is not going to support IVAO just because they want to have a cool tool too.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Robbie Close 936559
Posted
Posted

Fair enough,

I was just thinking it would be usefull as pilots could select eg; DJ999 from the routes list and that would automaticlly fill in their PIREP (as per normal) and automatically select the airport, departue time and aircaft type that you would otherwise have to do in vRoute

Robbie Close

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I used to do it with the predecessor of vroute - EUroute. But it is no longer provided to new websites, as it was very time consuming on my side and most of the airlines were startups which never took off but wanted to have a cool site.

MIchal

vroute.net founder