You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ICAO.Dat Error

Steve Derby 918431

Steve Derby 918431
Posted
Posted

I receive the ICAO.Dat - can't open file error when I try to connect. I adjusted my firewall and virus protecting and I still get the same error. Thought it might be related to something other than firewall and virus protecting software.

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Ensure that your ICAO.dat file is located within the Squawkbox folder. Also, when opening a flight plan for SB, ensure that A) the Flight plan resides in the SB Folder also, or B) place a copy of ICAO.dat in the folder where you keep your SB flight plans.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Additional.

Subject "14. Squawkbox critical error csl_icao.csv is missing then csl_icao.csv is missing." Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

Then please reply what fixed your problem.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Lars Eiberger 881012
Posted
Posted

I heared about that problem and the solution for it was that the Link to the squawkbox.exe was wrong or the people did not make a link to it, they made a copy. So try to start squawkbox.exe directly in the directory of squawkbox, if it works then, the problem should be an oincorrect link.

Lars Eiberger

VATSIM supervisor

Steve Derby 918431
Posted
Posted

If I use the shortcut, it wouldn't work, but if I clicked on the program link from the program files directory it works fine. Thank you.

Robert Davit 922517
Posted
Posted

Thank you gentlemen! Opening squawkbox from program files vs. shortcut did the trick. I'm up and running! Who do I make the check out too? Thanks again.

Bob

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello,

you can start Squawkbox via a shortcut too, but you need to ensure that the Squawkbox directory is referenced in the shortcut in the field "run from" (I hope thats right, I don´t own an english windows version) box just below the link to the program itself.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png