You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Couple of issues.

Tristan Blackburn 895205

Tristan Blackburn 895205
Posted
Posted

A. Problem when trying to verify vatsim ID.

Upon clicking on the 'verify' button, nothing happens.

Looking a little further, the IE process starts, but nothing further is displayed (ie. the IE window does not open. I have tried to force it, but with no luck.)

EDIT: Any chance on getting this to load in the default browser rather than IE?

B. Still getting the odd debug errors around the place. Not as often as in the previous version, but occasionally. I'll remember to get the details of the next one.

Tristan Blackburn

VATSIM Data Audit Manager

VATPAC

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Tristan

Michal's mentioned before, it's only been written for IE. I'm a Firefox user but works fine on my machines which have IE7 installed.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

A) The verify VATSIM ID feature will work with almost any default browser you might have - it's so straightforward that it could almost run on text-mode Lynx under Linux .

If nothing happens after clicking the button, then the only explanation that comes to my mind is that you have some strange pop-up blocker software that is blocking legitimate operations on websites - technically speaking, this part of vroute.info is not even a pop-up, but just a form with its target set to a new window. I must open it in a new window, because otherwise you could not see if you are actually providing your VATSIM p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to a VATSIM server, and not a 3rd party page imitating VATSIM.

B) I apologise for any debug messages wherever they might show. Mail me screenshots or other info where to find them and I promise to kill every single one

PS. While IE presence (IE6 or IE7) is required for vroute.info to operate, it does not mean in any way that IE has to be your default browser. I respect people's right to choose something else than IE.

Michal

vroute.net founder