You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pilots who have not yet filed a flight plan.

Carlos Alexandre Nader 967

Posted
Posted

There's an non-addressed issue I'd like to ask about.

In servinfo, when a pilot had not yet filed a flight plan but you clicked on him in the flights list, that other window would open, and you could see where his airplane was parked. Well, vroute does not have the same functionality. In the flights list you can't tell where a pilot is until he files a flight plan. If you click on his name the new window that opens up brings only the information of the FIR he/she currently is in, but it doesn't tell us the airport.

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Posted
Posted

Some shots I took. I'll try to make ir clearer:

imagemhh0.jpg

See the user Andy Coy? He has not filed a flight plan yet. So there's no way to know in what airport he is now. We could try clicking on his name to see the detailed info.

imagem1yu4.jpg

When the new window opens, vroute only tells you in what FIR he's currently in. But there's no airport information.

imagem2ix9.jpg

The same user, at the same time, now using Servinfo. You can see that servinfo tells you the airport where the user is, eventhough the flight plan has not yet been filed.

imagem3qr6.jpg

Now, after clicking on the user's name, servinfo open the detailed information window and again we can see the airport where the user is at that moment.

Is there a way to do something like that is vroute? insted of showing the FIR, vroute could show us the current airport.

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I appreciate your effort to have your request so well docomeented

It turned out to be quite simple - I just added this information:

location.png

It shows up whenever flight status is unknown and the airplane is located within 5 miles of an airport center point.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted

You're great, Michal, thank you again

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg