You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Position freezes in ServInfo

Oscar Pilgrim 850446

Oscar Pilgrim 850446
Posted
Posted

Sometimes when I fly I notice my position freezes in ServInfo, I don't know what causes the problem but the position is frozen for the rest of the flight which is really annoying. Right now I'm on my way from Vancouver to Frankfurt cruizing above central Canada at FL330, but ServInfo shows me at 9300ft above Vancouver Intl with a speed of 0 knots.

I don't know if ASRC would show my position correctly but if not it's a quite big problem...

I'm running FS on one computer with FS Flight Tracker and AVC installed aswell. On the second computer I have FS Wide, SB Relay, SB Host, SB2.3, ActiveSky and ServInfo.

If someone could help me out I would be really glad!

Edit: I disconnected from the network and reconnected on the other computer (the one with FS running) and now the problem is gone, don't know for how long though...

1384.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Make sure your PC clock and date is correct set. ServInfo check against your PC-time if need for update.

Does Vatsim Visual Display work ?

Right now I see you in ServInfo FL331 groundspeed 420 moving.

Med Hälsningar från Stockholm.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you have ServInfo set up to autoupdate? Check your settings to see if it is set to update automatically, and at what interval. Also check to see if it is set to update when SI is minimized in the tray only, or if it will do it anytime.

Finally, if all else fails, manually update by clicking on the VATSIM button top left.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Oscar Pilgrim 850446
Posted
Posted

Hmm I don't know about my PC clock but it should be quite correct. The thing is the it's not like it freezes for a minute or two, yestereday it showed me at the same position at 9000ft and 0 knots for a few hours, I solved it by disconnecting SB on computer #2 and then reconnecting to VATSIM on computer #1.

ServInfo is not set to auto updated but I update manually all the time, all the other aircraft arround me move and ATC keeps coming online so the VATSIM info is correctly recived and up to date. It probably has something to do with SB (from PC #2) not sending my position to the server, that's why it would be quite nice to see if ASRC shows my position correctly or not.

Thanks for taking time to help!

1384.png