You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

squawk box help??

Christian Whitehair 100661

Posted
Posted

i downloaded the xsquawkbox plugin. then i took the 'for plugins folder' and put it in the resources folder inside of x-plane. then i opened xplane 860 and clicked on plugins in the menu bar and it didnt show up. what did i do wrong? any help would be great.

thanx

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Your topic actually belongs down in the X-Plane forum but here goes. (I since moved it from the SB3 support for you)

The contents of the "for plugins folder" - they belong in the plugins forlder which from memory is in resources so what you should have is:

\xplane 860\resources\plugins\xsb plugin files

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Posted
Posted

ok i put the XSquawkbox Resources in the plugins folder and opened it again and got the same result. is there anything else that i need to download in order to get it to work or do i just have a problem???

Nick McHugh 1006059
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem when I started. I have fixed it now. Tell me what kind of computer you have and I will try to help you out.

• 1 month later...
Aaron Devisser 1013582
Posted
Posted

hey i have a problem with sqauk box i was just wondering how to fix it its the same as the problem the guy had before me. I cant get squawk box to come up in the plug ins enable thingy and ive done every thing the person before me said to do please help asap

Aaron Devisser 1013582
Posted
Posted

all good now i fixed it by downloading the latest beta version caus i have a mac book intel

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Christian,

1) Two things, you should have a {xplane}\resources\plugins\XSquawkBox Resources folder, containing:

airlines.txt

csl_legacy.csv

equipment.csv

2) You should have {xplane}\resources\plugins\XSquawkbox_VATSIM.xpl

I suspect it's the 2nd one that's causing your issue. Make sure that file is there.

Aaron Devisser 1013582
Posted
Posted

hi guys i was wondering whether you can use airport extreme to connect to the internet to play xplane because when i do i go to data input output menu and go inet1 and my ip address at the top is 0.0.0.0. but when i use my ethernt net ccable to connect it work correctly. the odd thing is that squawkbox can still connect to the network when im using airport (airports wireless internet for you windows users) can i change the way xplane connects??

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what the issue is there, but if you can connect via xsquawkbox, you're all set.

Aaron Devisser 1013582
Posted
Posted

yes but you see the thing is that i can see any planes on the local map or i cant hear any one talking to me or nothing it just says its connected and it also says that i need to set more planes in the rendering options but i cant find the option under rendering options lol. if you could just tell me the order of operations on how to set up every thing that would be nice if you dont mind other wise im stuck,

thanks .

Aaron Devisser 1013582
Posted
Posted

another thing can i use airport on my nac book to connect to xsquawkbox vatsim or do i have to use ethernet,

thanks

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

As long as you can make connections to the web from your browser, you should be able to have xplane connect to VATSIM.

You won't see other planes on the map in vatsim, they're not handled as multiplayer aircraft. XSquawkbox is simply drawing them as 3d objects....xplane doesn't know they're other planes, as such.

The error message around the number of aircraft goes back to the days when xplane DID draw other aircraft as real planes. For that to happen, you'd need to go to the rendering options and set a value > 1. The option has since moved from Rendering Options, but the message hasn't been updated. Go to Other Aircraft and Situations (I'm guessing on the name, I don't have xp running right this second). It's the screen where you set the aircraft to be used in glider tow, B52 release, etc. You can set the number of 'other' aircraft there.

You only need to do this for TCAS to work...you don't need it to 'see' other planes and certainly not to see/hear controllers.

If you're not seeing or hearing anyone, it's because you're in an area where nobody else is. Use a tool such as ServInfo or VRoute to find an airport with lots of planes and people, and you'll be off to the races.

Aaron Devisser 1013582
Posted
Posted

thanks mate all sorted out now great game!