You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The vRoute effect

Luiz Fellipe Carneiro 9843

Posted
Posted

I am very glad by what we call the 'vRoute Effect'.

I and some friends like to control the BH_APP here in Brazil (covers SBCF and SBBH airports), but servinfo don't recognize those positions. Was very frustrating stay hours and hours and no traffic comes to our terminal.

Last sunday, we stay controlling for about 3 hours and 16 aircrafts flight on BH_APP. We never controled more than 3 or 4 in same period of time. We are sure that our position clear show on vRoute brings this people there.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Nice to hear that

Michal

vroute.net founder

Carlos Alexandre Nader 967
Posted
Posted

VRoute rules!!!!!

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Posted
Posted
Hey Luiz,

more important: did you also book your ATC-stations in the afternoon or even a day before? Maybe this will increase your chances even moore!

No Andreas. This was a boring sunday and I think "what can I do now?" so I chat with Carlos, he was on APP, I join as TWR and the planes start to come.

To me is hard to book ATC time because my spare time for VATSIM is pretty random

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

I've been trying to make a habit of booking my ATC even when I just get on randomly. This way the pilots can get a heads up about when I plan on getting off and I don't feel as bad when I drop a bunch of aircraft. I definitely think that over time, Vroute will have a positive impact on traffic levels.

216.png

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Actually, if you book ATC and "execute" that later, vroute will connect the two entries and show your "logoff time" according to the booking that was made previously.

regards,

Michal

vroute.net founder

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Thanks Michal,

I did not mention this!

Luiz,

I do understand your problem - it is true for many people here at VATSIM, it's just a hobby - so as Robert and Michal have pointed out it is highly recommended to book your position even if you plan to go online in 15 minutes from now. vroute will then recognize you being online and show your planned "ending-time" so pilots can better plan because they know what to expect from you, in terms of online-presence. Isn't that cool?

Another suggestion: when you are online include some information about your earliest time of logout that you plan, another hint for pilots. Here at VACC-SAG many people do use the sentence "Online AT LEAST until 2000Z".

Try it

Carlos Alexandre Nader 967
Posted
Posted
Thanks Michal,

I did not mention this!

Luiz,

I do understand your problem - it is true for many people here at VATSIM, it's just a hobby - so as Robert and Michal have pointed out it is highly recommended to book your position even if you plan to go online in 15 minutes from now. vroute will then recognize you being online and show your planned "ending-time" so pilots can better plan because they know what to expect from you, in terms of online-presence. Isn't that cool?

Another suggestion: when you are online include some information about your earliest time of logout that you plan, another hint for pilots. Here at VACC-SAG many people do use the sentence "Online AT LEAST until 2000Z".

Try it

Nice suggestion. Think I'll do it from now on.

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

For all you controllers out there... I usually look to see where there is going to be ATC before planning a flight as do other pilots I am sure. So if there is a pre-booked time, chances are that I will select that particular FIR before others.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Posted
Posted

Try it Smile

I dont know I can book with so little time ahead. I wil try for sure!