You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple Export Formats

James Grenville-Smith 9222

Posted
Posted

Hello!

Firstly, I would just like to say that vRoute is a fantastic program, and I hate to nitpick over it, however, I do have one minor gripe:

When you search for a route, select it, and go to "Export" and type in the relavent information, (including checking "I will fly online with VATSIM...") and click the ">>" to export it to a Flight Progress Card for example, then go back into vRoute and select for instance "FsNavigator", and click the ">>" again, then although it does work, you get an error at the bottom stating: "Reponse from VATBOOK server: Sorry, but a flight with the same callsign at the same time is already booked." as it is attempting to rebook with the server again. I don't know if there is some way to prevent it from attempting to re-register with the server once you click it?

It's only minor, but it's just something I though you'd like to know about!

Thanks once again!

James

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted
I don't know if there is some way to prevent it from attempting to re-register with the server once you click it?

When you go back, doesn't just un-ticking "I will fly online on VATSIM, create a VATBOOK flight booking for me" work?

I would have thought first time it makes the flightbooking, so it doesnt need to do it again, if that makes any sense.

My 0.2$

siggy.png

Posted
Posted

Yeah, your right, that would help

a) I didn't think of that!

b) Just wondered if it would make it easier etc. etc. being the perfectionist that I am!

(btw. 0.2$ is 20 cents, think you mean 0.02$ ;))

James

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted
Yeah, your right, that would help

a) I didn't think of that!

b) Just wondered if it would make it easier etc. etc. being the perfectionist that I am!

(btw. 0.2$ is 20 cents, think you mean 0.02$ ;))

James

Hehe, yeah, 0.02$ then I see what you mean though, allthough probally very difficult to have a system to recognise the fact that a pilot just wants the flightplan converted, probally just easier to untick the box

siggy.png

Posted
Posted

Indeed, or there could be a way to fill in all the information (except the export bit), then click the ">>" button, at which point the export box appears, with it's own seperate button so you can select and download it as a seperate function?

Just an idea, and one that's probably not worth doing!

Anyway, back to chemistry revision!

James

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Good idea - i will put it on my to-do list.

Michal

vroute.net founder