You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

OMAE and Dubai International etc

John Jones 972609

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

Some time ago I was mentored by Anas Toumi for Dubai and cleared for individual ops up to OMDB tower and have spent many hours doing that, However I would like further mentoring so that I can take my practical exam and move up to Approach and center. Unfortunately I have been unable to contact Anas and then wrote to Ilan Jonas and his deputy, but did not get a reply from either of them.

Does anyone know who I need to contact ??

It will be a shame to let Dubai go to rot.

Info would be appreciated.

John

John Jones

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

Hello

for the time being the project of starting VATUAE had failed that the project was even cancelled according to Anas

I hope you or anybody who can read my lines help start VATUAE because really it's a great and important addition to VATAME

i think you will be contacted soon by Illian or shadi

even throught the forums

If you want to start the VACC plz let me know if i can help

B.regards

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Hi John,

Many has told me that there is a problem with the @vatsim email. will you kindly try writing me again? hope it works now!

Ilan

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

http://www.vatame.net

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Hi Ahmed and Ilan,

Thank you for your prompt replies. Yes, I would really like to get UAE up and running fully, as I think it has a lot of potential for development.

Thnk you for the information and Ilan I will write to you today as I have just heard that a lot of vatsim emails failed to arrive, maybe mine was one of them.

Regards

John

John Jones

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Hi Ilan,

I have emailed you to explain the situation but the first mail was returned undelivered so I have tried again. If this one gets returned also I will post here to let you know.

Regards

John

John Jones

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Sorry Ilan,

Your mailbox is still not working......... the second try email came straight back undelivered.

I don't know what is wrong with the vatsim email system, but in the meantime if you wish to email me you are welcome to do so. [email protected]

I will then reply direct to you.

regards

John

John Jones

Anas Toumi 922910
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I know you are mad at me lol but I took a long vacation from flying and now I am back .

@ John : I am here mate .. you got my email didn't recive any email or news about that.

@ Ahmed : Thanks very much for replying but the problem is I never said I stopped VATUAE. Everything was ready but Shadi wasn't So I decided to take a long time off.

It's good to be back and Tune 129,500 for Anas

Take care,

Anas Toumi

VATUAE

John Jones 972609
Posted
Posted

Hi Stranger (Anas I mean)

Nice to know you are alive and kicking. Did not get an email from you, but we do need to talk. Please mail me with a time and place so we can get things rolling properly.

Its about time we put UAE on the map so people know where it is !!!!

Regards

John

John Jones

Anas Toumi 922910
Posted
Posted
Hi Stranger (Anas I mean)

Nice to know you are alive and kicking. Did not get an email from you, but we do need to talk. Please mail me with a time and place so we can get things rolling properly.

Its about time we put UAE on the map so people know where it is !!!!

Regards

John

Hey John,

I am on ICQ & MSN & Skype & Yahoo ... here is my email

anastoumi[at]gmail.com