You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AVC and wideFS and log off multiplayer problem

Robert Droege 917433

Robert Droege 917433
Posted
Posted

Two annoyances I keep having, looking to see if anyone has any thoughts. I start FS2002, then multiplayer host on my PC, then start sevinfo, SB host and SB2.3 on my laptop using wideFS, change callsign, file FP then connect to SB. I then open AVC tuner and AVC on the PC so I can use a button on my CH Yoke to talk to ATC.

1-Whenever I tune an ATC, I get tuned into the local ATC I want, but AVC also pops up on my laptop and it looks like I am in the ATC chat room twice. Is there a way to avoid AVC popping up on the laptop? I don't have AVC or AVC TUner installed on the laptop and the AVC Tuner on the PC is set to point to the AVC.exe on the PC.

2-If I have a problem with a plane, eg my autopilot pooped out last night which it does now and then, and won't work till I close and reload FS. I disconnect from SB and leave the window open, disconnect multiplayer, close FS, reopen FS, open multiplayer host, reconnect to SB. When I get back to VATSIM I can communicate with ATC, others can see me but I can no longer see any other aircraft online! If I disconnect from SB, close SB, close FS and reboot my PC, reload all as in first paragraph I "get back in the action" and can see everyone online. Is there some other sequence that can be done to avoid the reboot on the PC? I am running XP with 1 gb RAM and a pentium 4 processor with nothing else running on the PC except FS2002, AVC and AVC tuner.

Thanks again, Doc[/u][/b]