You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error ICAO 4 digit code

John Holt 811222

John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

Greetings all (Ross),

We had a fly-inn yesterday evening and I was controlling Center. I was using VRC 1.2 and for the first 3 hours it was working great. Then I started getting this pop up message "Error ICAO 4 Digit code" during my last hour. It would pop up about every 5 min. Other than having to keep clicking "OK" it didn't seem to effect things. Any ideas on whats going on or how to fix this?

Thanks and Blue Skies

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's not any error that VRC generates ... are you sure you have it exactly right? If you get the error again, copy it down exactly and repost it please.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

I found it Ross,

"Invalid ICAO code. Must be 4 characters."

You attempted to enter an airport code into ATISMaker, but did not specify a 4-character code as required.

Also found it in the Docomeentation. Sorry to have waisted your time with this!! Except I was not running ATIS Maker But I understand the problem.

Thanks Again

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Well, you're always running ATISMaker, whether you want to or not. However, it's not supposed to give you that error unless you try to put it in automatic mode, or unless you try to open a voice ATIS, so it's probably a bug. I'll check into it. Thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This should be fixed now. The fix will be available when I send out service release 1.2.1 which should be soon.