You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid callsign or password while connecting via SB

Koen Lauwaet 923049

Koen Lauwaet 923049
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody,

I too have apparently difficulty connecting to this great simulated flying world. I followed the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center recommendations and did the necessary downloads and installations. Start up SBRelay12, FS2004, SBHOST, SB. Did the ATC funtions : Callsign and Flight Plan : SBRelay windows : "Flight Plan Sent". So this seems to work. Transponder in Standby.

And NOW:...

Connect: next window...

Closest Server: IVAN-Belgium. Enter Pilot Registration Number : That is my Vatsim ID right?

Enter P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word : That is my Vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (to login on the vatsim site) right?

My ATC callsign (OOKOL) is the same one I have entered before in my flightplan, and ATC functions

Connect : message "Invalid Callsign or P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word".

What am I forgetting or doing wrong ?

Thanks guys.

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted
Closest Server: IVAN-Belgium.

Ahem - that is a server from the IVAO network You need to choose a VATSIM server .

To get a working server list in Squawkbox, export the file IPADDR.TXT from Servinfo and copy it into your main Squawkbox directory.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

Hi Koen:

As Martin said, that is an IVAO server. You don't want to go there...this is where all the really good action is! You want to log onto one of the VATSIM servers.

To give you just a bit more information, you can download a copy of ServInfo here:

http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/servinfo/home.htm

This is a fabulous utility that really is a "must have" for online simming. It gives you all of the information you need to see who is online and where. Download and install a copy of ServInfo. When you have it up and running, it has a neat utility that exports all of the up-to-date and active server addresses to the correct location in SquawkBox. All with one click of a button (the second one from the left...right under the VATSIM button!)

Welcome to VATSIM.

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Koen Lauwaet 923049
Posted
Posted

thank you both for your quick replies.

I'll give it another go. I already installed ServInfo but am not sure it is providing the SB with the updated info, even after saving the new text file in the SB-directory.

What is IVAO by the way.

Koen

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

It's another organization Koen. Hopefully, you will be happy with VATSIM and won't need to know anymore than that.

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Koen Lauwaet 923049
Posted
Posted

oke, thx for the quick reply. I got the system up and running now. Of course in the beginning a bit unfamiliar with the different programs. Trial and error and will get there.

Next will be to get the AVC going. Will check other posts.

Once again thank you and good job. Developing this must have been an enormous task.