You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AVC playback problem

David Unnarsson 830499

David Unnarsson 830499
Posted
Posted

Hey there simmers. I have a problem with AVC. I recently uptdated my computer and have XP with SP2.

And when I go online, everyone can hear me, but I can't hardly hear anyone.... and if so, then just the first few words than nothing more. Before I updated, everthing was a OK.

I have tried to swith to Wave input/output, I am not behind a firewall from my internet provider.... and AVC is in my exeptions list in my windows firewall... and I tried to open a port through the UDP 3290, but nothing works

Anybody got any ideas??? Please help me...

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> I recently uptdated my computer and have XP with SP2.

Exactly what did you update from -> to. Windows 98 to XP or XP SP1 to XP SP2, any hardware update or what ?

As what you tell, it start sound like you possible change something in firewall.

Might compare with: 6. Firewall and router. Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

David Unnarsson 830499
Posted
Posted

Hey there, actually pretty much a new computer, new hard disk, soundcard, motherboard and graphic card, a new computer. I put Windows XP Proffessional into it, and updated to SP2.

I tried to open a port for AVC through my Firewall, but it doesn't work.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Ok new computer. (Didn't really understand in first post)

Since you have check ports in firewall, it could be an issue with soundcard.

Just suggest, I've no really good idea.

Turn sound off in FS. (If ok, try middle or low sound quallity).

Update driver for Soundcard (driver on CD can often be buggy).

If soundcard is "Sound Max" try an other card. Or just try an other card anyway if possible.

p.s. Just to be sure, you know XP has built in firewall. If you use an other firewall, you must disable XP firewall.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

David Unnarsson 830499
Posted
Posted

ok thx, but I have updated my soundcard drivers... and I have tried to push 'Q' in FS.. nothing works .

And I have'nt got any other firewall... just my windows firewall.