You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Font size

John Calleja 814764

John Calleja 814764
Posted
Posted

Hi all in the forum

Thought I would just say how much I am enjoying vroute as my main source of flight plans for the areas that I tend to fly most. As a way of giving feedback, I am realy struggling with the font size of the route page, and black type on an orange background is for me difficult to read with such small font size. Is there a way for me to customise this so that I can have say 12 font as my default size which I find most comfortable for me. I notice on this forum page there is such a facility for both font size cahnge and font colour change. If this could be added to the next generation it would make my use of the programme much more enjoyable.

regards

John Calleja (BAW352)

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Hi John,

As a short term solution, would would happen if you increased the font size in Windows? In doing so it should also increase the size of the text in vRoute?

You have brought up an interesting point, as the 1024X768 standard application size, is going away as screens with much larger resolutions (not to mention wide screens) have really gone down in price and are much more affordable now.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

John Calleja 814764
Posted
Posted

Hi Marc

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I agree this would be a interim solution, but incresing the overall size of all the fonts and typing via windows can make the rest of the screens look out of proportion, and to go back and forth is a bit of a pain. Hopefully the gurus will find a way to incorperate an adjustment window if it is deemed a good thing to have.

regards

John Calleja

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

If they are using ASP.net, there is a setting for auto adjusting the fonts that would address address this issue.

If not, from what we have seen so far, I am sure they will find a way to resolve this.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

• 2 weeks later...
Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

The problem with vroute fonts is that things immediately start to fall out of the screen if I increase the font. The screen is already crowded and nobody is suggesting that I remove something, people only request more stuff.

Michal

vroute.net founder

John Calleja 814764
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal

Thank you for the reply, if the font size was possible to make customer adjustable then those with 20/20 vision could leave as things are, and us old timers could adjust to suite ourselves and accept a scroll function for the data that drops off the end. I have the route page open right now on my second monitor and I cannot read what is in the orange windows from say 4 feet away It is a real problem for me and eye strain is not comfortable. Hope you can investigate further for a solution

regards

John Calleja

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I'll check what is possible.

Michal

vroute.net founder