You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SQUAWKBOX and FS 2004 Startup Problem

Stephen Nightingale 847957

Stephen Nightingale 847957
Posted
Posted

Squawkbox Problem - i get as far as the 'Multiplayer box' but when I push 'search 'it just comes up with 'looking for games' and nothing else happens. I have tried disabling anti-virus - doesn't make a difference. What's going on? Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Subject 3. Empty IP-address. Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Stephen Frullani 923657
Posted
Posted

hey, im new to this as well...... i still havent managed to get everything working... but i had that problem tooo... and i cracked it!!!!!

i have a network at home, but my pc was unplugged from the network... now why this effects it... ask an expert, but i plugged my network back in. and SHEBANG it worked!

cheers

steve

Mark Wilson 811535
Posted
Posted

I had a simular problem, couldnt find SBRelay in FS2004 MP list. I believe it is a network recognition problem, even though my internet was working and all seemed to be in order!

For me, after starting SBRelay and FS, I just refreshed/restarted my LAN/Cable connection in networking before starting up my FS2004 MP, which worked.

Hope this helps

Mark Wilson

Vatsim-UK Member

Brian Ethington 814407
Posted
Posted

Lennart has the right link. I had a problem with ports on the router not being opened.

Brian Ethington

Bloomington, IL

ord_sr_777-3.png

91.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Yes it's a difference with Squawkbox Join problem and FS2004 Join problem.

> couldnt find SBRelay in FS2004 MP list.

This is 'cause required ports are not opened. See subject 6. Firewall and router.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png