You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't Start Multiplayer

Christopher Agpaoa 921768

Christopher Agpaoa 921768
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone,

I'd like to first introduce myself to everyone, my name is Chris, and i'm pretty much new to aviation and flight simming, but I would like to learn as much as I can. I'm running Windows XP SP2 with FS9 and the update to FS9. I downloaded all of the needed software to VATSIM, such as SBR, and SB,. I followed the instructions, and everything went without incident until I got to this step:

4.) You should see a Session called: SBRelay – FS2004 à click ‘Join’, not ‘Host’ as in FS2000/2002.

Note: if the Session is not displayed as below, enter 127.0.0.1 in the ‘IP address’ window and then click ‘Search’

The Player name you select should be the same call sign as you are going to use for Squawkbox.

The problem is, there is no session named "SBRelay" in the Sessions list, even when I enter 127.0.0.1 into the IP address field. I am pretty sure that I installed all of the required software. When SBR starts up, it says everything has started fine, and everything is ready to go. SBR says:

( "050221 22:02:21 You can now connect SquawkBox 2 and FS2004 to this server." . )

But when I get to this step I have no idea what could have gone wrong. I tried my best to follow the instructions given and everything.

Any ideas suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Everyone here seems pretty good with the software and troubleshooting, so I thank you in advanced for you efforts. I look forward to being a member of these forums, and hopefully, multiplaying shortly

Thanks again & all the best.

- Chris

Also, if it helps these are my system specs:

P4 Processor @ 2ghz

64mg gfx card ( yeah it sucks =( )

1.12GB of memory

200 total disk space

CD/DVD Burner

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

See if you can host your own session. This won't fix your problem outright, but if you get an error doing that, then it may be something for the more technical guys to find out about. I do remember one of my friends having an issue like that and we found he couldnt even host a session nevermind join it. Something about Firewall and Network settings.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

If SBRelay don't pop up even when you enter 127.0.0.1 , then it could be a firewall problem that required ports are not opened, or possible you need Host first.

Much exactly as Trent Hopkinson write. I just add possible more info.

See subject 6. Firewall and router. and 13. FS2004 Multiplayer Sessions SBRelay doesn't show up. Troubleshooting at link http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png