You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Still More Problems with Squawkbox

Stephen Nightingale 847957

Posted
Posted

When I start up Squawkbox 2.3b the splashscreen comes up. I click 'get into the action', it disappears and I am left looking at a blank SBHost page. Nothing happens. If I check the SB Relay page I see a mesage that reads 'Added fake player 'Squawkbox' to FS2004 session. I have tried all sorts of ideas but keep running into a brick wall. This sure isn't a user-friendly programme. So what do I do next???????? All help much appreaciated. SIGNED Frustrated Sim Pilot.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Have you then right clicked in the grey box that SBHost has left? Does it now show a menu?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted
This sure isn't a user-friendly programme. So what do I do next???????? All help much appreaciated. SIGNED Frustrated Sim Pilot

´

Hello,

you are right, SB2.3 definitely isn´t the most user-friendly software. Fortunately, it´s days are numbered .

A possible cause of your problem might the position of the Squawkbox 2.3 window inside the SBHost page. It is possible that SB2.3 will be drawn OUTSIDE the visible area of that page. To correct this, edit the file SQUAWKBOX.INI in your main windows directory, usually C:\WINDOWS, using a text editor. Look at the sections:

"[EFISWINDOW]"

"[sBWINDOW]" and

"[FMSWINDOW]"

and delete the four respective entries in there. This will cause the positions to be reset. Perhaps this was the problem ...

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Posted
Posted
This sure isn't a user-friendly programme. So what do I do next???????? All help much appreaciated. SIGNED Frustrated Sim Pilot

´

Hello,

you are right, SB2.3 definitely isn´t the most user-friendly software. Fortunately, it´s days are numbered .

A possible cause of your problem might the position of the Squawkbox 2.3 window inside the SBHost page. It is possible that SB2.3 will be drawn OUTSIDE the visible area of that page. To correct this, edit the file SQUAWKBOX.INI in your main windows directory, usually C:\WINDOWS, using a text editor. Look at the sections:

"[EFISWINDOW]"

"[sBWINDOW]" and

"[FMSWINDOW]"

and delete the four respective entries in there. This will cause the positions to be reset. Perhaps this was the problem ...

Thanks very much for (a) the hasty reply and (b) solving the problem. You were bang on the money with the oversize problem. Would never have solved that one in a million years. Now I just have to brush up on how to use SB. Thank you very much. SIGNED: NOT QUITE SO FRUSTRATED SIM PILOT (New Zealand)

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hehe Stephen,

glad it worked for you. Enjoy VATSIM!

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png