You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

RVSM in Africa

Vince Horan

Vince Horan
Posted
Posted

Could someone advise me if RVSM is implemented above FL290 in Africa? Tonight I was flying along westbound in Africa at FL350 non-RVSM when ATC came along and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned me FL360. Looking at the DRC website suggests its not.

Vince Horan

UK DCRM, VATSIM Supervisor, Snr Controller

4003.png

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

According to that

http://www.ecacnav.com/downloads/RVSM%20Airspace%20(Print).pdf

Only Cairo, Casablanka and Tunis are RVSM in North Africa at least. At central and S africa I think are non RVSM.

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

In the big Mauritius FIR east of Madagascar, we implement RVSM above FL290 and Below FL410. Seperating aircraft by 1000ft.

IMPLEMENTATION OF RVSM IN THE MAURITIUS FIR

1. This AIC serves as Notice of Intent to implement RVSM in the Mauritius FIR on 19 January 2006

2. Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) is vertical separation of aircraft by 1,000 ft, above FL290. By 19 November 2005, operators should have received RVSM aircraft (airworthiness) and operational approval from their appropriate State authority. Operator/aircraft approval by 19 November 2005 will enable air traffic services (ATS) to plan for orderly RVSM implementation.

3. Starting 19 January 2006, only RVSM compliant aircraft will be cleared to operate in the Mauritius FIR between FL290 and FL410 (inclusive). Aircraft that are not RVSM compliant (e.g., ferry and maintenance flights) will only be cleared to operate in the Mauritius FIR between FL290 and FL410 (inclusive) after prior coordination with Mauritius Centre. 2,000 ft vertical separation will be applied to such aircraft. Mauritius centre contacts will be published in follow-up NOTAMs.

4. RVSM will be implemented in the Mauritius FIR in accordance with ICAO regional agreements.

Source: Mauritius AIP

I Suppose you were flying no where near FIMM FIR, but its still some info on RVSM in Africa.

vatme-sig.jpg