You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Having trouble with PMDG 747-400 Electric Display Panels

Corey Andrews 1002635

Corey Andrews 1002635
Posted
Posted

Hey guys if any one knows how to fix this i would be gladly apprecieated.

untitledoz2.th.jpg

and

panelviewrb7.th.jpg

I Read all the readmes and everything i just dont understand what might be wrong. I think i started the APU thats what it told me to do in the readme so, Any Ideas.[/img]

Francis Shepherd 980238
Posted
Posted

Are you starting from cold and dark, or are you just loading up with the engines running? If it's the latter, I imagine the screens come on for a few seconds (it does vary) and then goes black. If this is the case, and from those pictures I think it might be, all that is required is a reinstallation of the PMDG 747. This does seem to happen to illegal cracked copies and to earlier versions.

generate.php?mid=1235

• 4 weeks later...
Stephen Halsey 1020773
Posted
Posted

This is happening to me too, (i cant show pictures, dont know how) exept in a AvA 737-800 Winglet. Not to mention the 737-800 Retrojet and the 737-800 Modern. It will not come on and there is no switch to turn it on, including that half the buttons are just pictures. Is it an early copy or what? Please help! I really need it!

• 3 months later...
Keegan Christensen 936983
Posted
Posted

This usually happens when you have an illegal copy of the aircraft or you did not properly install it. If you have time and a true copy of the aircraft, try re-installing it.

Untitled.jpg

Adam Arkley 1031024
Posted
Posted

I know as fact that the PMDG will act in that manner if you have an illegal copy of the aircraft, as part of the key file is stored in the registry. Illegal copies of the aircraft don't have that registry entry. I spent hours working on this problem with a friend before he told me he had illegally downloaded the aircraft

• 5 weeks later...
James Dean 1036133
Posted
Posted

You just need to copy the info into the fs9.cfg file really simple saves you from having to reinstalling the aircraft. Yes you are correct tho it is down to the aircraft being an illegal copy however i did buy the aircraft but for some reason ( I think its becuase my files on the HDD are every where ) it did the same with me.

Sounds like an old post but you have to copy the code over to the fs9.cfg

Thanks!

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

If the copy IS legal then this can be caused by a problem during the validation part of the install. A reinstall and re-validation should fix it.

Bill Casey