You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL question

David Voogd 857885

David Voogd 857885
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to force squawkbox to show a CSL model for any aircraft that hasn't filed a flightplan or is using a model that is not on your list (ie they have a custom CSL)? I hate having my framerates murdered by 5 Level D 767 models on the ground b/c they haven't filed their FP yet (btw, perhaps people could do their flightplan before connecting, so when they do connect they can just click resend and save this problem from happening in the first place? Too much to ask?)

David V

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello,

unfortunately not. This is one of the major drawbacks of the old modelmatching system. Our new clients due to be released soon will overcome this limitation.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

David Voogd 857885
Posted
Posted

Thanks Martin, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with this prob. Lookin forward to SB3 & FSINN then.

David V

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted

David,

(btw, perhaps people could do their flightplan before connecting....

This is how it should be done and IIRC it is how the docs in the PRC say to do it. Unfortunately not everyone visits the PRC as many posts in this forum prove