You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

help.

Mathew McGeorge 923791

Mathew McGeorge 923791
Posted
Posted

Hello my fellow plane addict's

I'm complete new to this site, b[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ically ive been playing fs along whyle and played it online from msn zone, know its to easy for me as its full of new people, then some-one said about here

Anyways how do i join all you lovely peeps online? where do i click e.t.c?

Regards

Mathew

matsig.jpg

George Marinakis
Posted
Posted

Hi Mathew:

http://vatsim.net/prc

Use your VATSIM ID but pick a new p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (don't use the one issued by VATSIM).

Everything you need and want to know (even things you haven't realized yet) are answered in the Pilot Resource Center (PRC).

Welcome to VATSIM.

George S. Marinakis

VATSIM6, co-Founder, VATSIM

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Mathew McGeorge 923791
Posted
Posted

Hi thank's for the reply ive done that but it deosnt say about where i can join servers e.t.c.

matsig.jpg

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

MOVED TOPIC

Please continue this topic here at Pilot Software Help (All posts copied): http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=1298

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

Simple Guide to how i got on vatsim

1 - Download Squawkbox, Advanced Voice Client, AVC Tuner, HostSB, FSUIPC.dll, SB Relay

2 - place the HostSB.dll and FSUIPC.dll into your modules folder located in Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Modules

3 - install the other programs

4 - Start SB Relay, Start FS2004, create a flight (Starting at a gate NOT the runway ) and start the flight

5 - for the first time you will need to register your modules, so click Modules/FSUIPC... on the grey bar at the top of Flight Simulator. Once thr FSUIPC window is open click register an application program button, Type Squawkbox in the top box marked "enter name", Next, enter the registration code into the three boxes towards the bottom of the window. LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB, click confirm, OK then OK and thats that done

6 - from the top of the FS menu select modules/ HostSB/ Run this simply opens up a grey window (squawkbos will run in this window)

7 - start squawkbox and you will first get a window called "squawkbox multiplayer - multiplayer connect"

8 - enter your callsign (e.g mine is SNV1) in the player name box and then select the "internet TCP/IP" connection for direct play" option from the "connection type" list and then click OK

Next is a window calld "squawkbox multiplayer - multiplayer games" is shown click the start search button and type 127.0.0.1 into the pop up box, then click ok

you shouls now have a entry list - something like "SBRelay squawkboc2(1/814)" - select this line and then click join. Squawkbox will now start - you should see a picture of aircraft on your desktop (or the grey box we opened in fs2004 earlier) - click the button under the picture saying "click hear to get into the action" and thats that done.

You should now see a dark grey box in the light grey box with "welcome to squawkbox 2.3 for MSFS" in green on the bottom!

9 - right click in squawkbox (the dark grey box with green writing) and select squawk standby

right click in squawkbox and select ATC Functions, change callsign, and enter your callsign.

right click in squawkbox and select ATC Functions, file flight plan (enter the information anouy your online flight)

10 - right click in squawkbox and select connect

you should get a window named "connect to PC/SB Server"

select the server you want to use (i usualy connect to 80.249.98.88 UK-1)

Below that enter your VATSIM ID in Pilot Registration Number and your vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word below

click OK and if you have your internet connection running, within a few seconds you should here a Ping-Pong noise and the blue bars aboce the o IDENT box disappearing, with a welcome to vatsim message

Once you've dont that, right click squawkbox and select Disconnect to leave VATSIM

Thats it!

Good Luck with it

Regards,

Martin

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

wow, i didnt realise how long that post was lol

logo-red-small.png

Andre Koch 852831
Posted
Posted
Simple Guide

You may want to rephrase that, Martin...

Cheers,

Andre Koch

Director VACC-SAG

[email protected]

VACCSAG-Banner-300x65.gif

David Palmer 812121
Posted
Posted
MOVED TOPIC

Please continue this topic here at Pilot Software Help (All posts copied): http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=1298

Nice Try.... Shame it didn't work.

Simple Guide

You may want to rephrase that, Martin...

My head hurts just reading it. I truely wonder how many prospective VATSIM pilots just give up due to the complexity of getting online.

DP

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

yea i suppose it isnt THAT simple lol, but i find it clear to understand, dont know about you guys

logo-red-small.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Ok, I realize it's not possible to redirect this way.

I'm sorry Mathew McGeorge, you have to check both your orignal post and the redirected.

Sorry for all trouble, acctually I thougt it just must work. And it has been complaine all Pilot software Help post in General discussion.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Mathew McGeorge 923791
Posted
Posted

Hello.

Ok its all set up all sorted just a couple o problems:

1. How do i get it see i can see other players in the game instead of just the pc's, how do i contact ATC.

2. How do i speak to other players.

matsig.jpg