You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I CANT LISTEN ATC!!!!! OR TALK TO THEM!!

Juan Corbo 1017012

Juan Corbo 1017012
Posted
Posted

Please help!! i configured all the options in the fsinn and fscopilot, everything is connected, i can see the ATCs but i cant hear or talkt to them!! i followed all the steps at the PRC, team speak is installed also!!, when i connect tho VATSIM the chat button flash on but when i press on it a error message shows up, something like"your version of fscopilot may be out of date"(fscopilot 1.6)!!!!!

Thank you for your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance!! sorry for my bad english!!!!!

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

You should be more concerned with addressing the error than trying to actually continue to run the application. Getting an install error would indicate that it might not run properly.

Try upgrading your FSCopilot/FSInn. Check the announcement Installing FSInn ( http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466 ) for information on downloading (and installing the latest update).

Be sure to do a complete uninstall when changing versions.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Tanner Litowsky 877756
Posted
Posted

I don't think we use teamspeak?

Do we??

N029TY

ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | Phenom 2.3 Quadcore | 4G OCZ Reaper 1066 | 3870X2 (2) Crossfire | 1000W OCZ Power Supply

• 3 weeks later...
Stephen Halsey 1020773
Posted
Posted

Im having the same problem. I installed SB3 and got FS2004 up and running. I got it to connect to the multiplayer session on FS, got the flightplan but when I actually got into the airplane I couldent talk to the tower, or even listen to them. I cant even bring up the radio stack to change the tuning! Did I do something wrong, or is SB3 a dud or something?

• 1 month later...
Alan Mallows
Posted
Posted

I too, believed that we don't use Teamspeak, as I couldn't find any reference to it on the VATSIM Site. However, I found a post in one of the forums referring to the instruction to email our login details to Teamspeak in the UK, for a logon to the VATSIM server.

Which is right?

I'd like to use teamspeak for voice if I can, as I do that with all the other flying communities, plus, there is a lot of traffic on the ATC, which makes inter-pilot chat a bit tedious.

I've emailed the UK, although I also read that they can be very slow to respond.

Meanwhile I will be text chat only.

This will come up at VATSIM Oceania this weekend, too.

Cheers

Duck

VH-DUX

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted
I too, believed that we don't use Teamspeak, as I couldn't find any reference to it on the VATSIM Site. However, I found a post in one of the forums referring to the instruction to email our login details to Teamspeak in the UK, for a logon to the VATSIM server.

Which is right?

Both are correct. No we don't use Teamspeak for comms with ATC. Voice is already built into the pilot clients and nothing else needs to be added to them to enable voice (other than a microphone ). However it is also true that Vatsim-UK has a Teamspeak server but it has nothing to do with comms while flying, it's predominantly used for "off air" UK ATC coordination; UK ATC and Pilot mentoring; Vat-UK staff meetings etc.

Bill Casey

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted
I'd like to use teamspeak for voice if I can, as I do that with all the other flying communities, plus, there is a lot of traffic on the ATC, which makes inter-pilot chat a bit tedious.

What others said is correct.. just to add to a point - the VATSIM voice facilities are intended for pilot-ATC chat. You can communicate with fellow pilots via text, or by setting up a private voice room if everyone's using FSInn (not SB3). Striking up a chat with pilots on an ATC's frequency won't go over too well

Tim Krajcar

Alan Mallows
Posted
Posted

I think I'm beginning to understand. We use FSInn voice for ATC comms and anything else for inter-pilot comms. I agree with that and I think I need to get on and do some practice as I've never experienced FSInn voice working.

Thanks for the advice.

Duck

VH-DUX