You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATCAR News and Info

William Raymond

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Many thanks to VATSIM for this forum which we will utilize for global announcements etc.

For more detailed news and operations of VATCAR (Caribbean) please visit our web site at www.vatcar.org and also our forum at www.vatcar.org/forum. Here you will have a more detailed insight into our FIRs/ARTCCs .

We are in need of controllers especially in Cuba, N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au, Haiti,(plus a Chief) , Piarco sector (Trinidad and the Eastern Caribbean) and elsewhere. Please consider joining our team and grow with us. A new training and testing program is currently under development which promises exciting times ahead for us. Air traffic in the region has increased substantially from all the major VA's and we expect this to continue.

And of course in the Caribbean its always 5 o'clock somewhere and definitely at Margaritaville Montego Bay Jamaica.

Hope to see you soon

Bill Raymond

Director VATCAR

Bill

VATSIM Supervisor (ret'd)

• 1 year later...
Simon Gaigg 912831
Posted
Posted

HI pilots and Controllers,

In this cold time here in europe I decided to fly Caribean, CUBA,

The main problem for a pilot like me is, "WHERE >CAN I FIND CHARTS FOR the CARIBEAN REGION"

And pls. don´t tell me to visit VATCAR website because of this

No se encuentra la página

Puede que se haya quitado la página que está buscando, que haya cambiado su nombre o que no esté disponible temporalmente.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pruebe lo siguiente:

Asegúrese de que la dirección del sitio Web que se muestra en la barra de dirección del explorador está escrita correctamente y tiene el formato adecuado.

Si llegó a esta página tras hacer clic en un vínculo, póngase en contacto con el administrador del sitio Web para informarle de que el vínculo no tiene el formato correcto.

Haga clic en el botón Atrás para probar con otro vínculo.

Error HTTP 404 - No se encontró el archivo o directorio.

Servicios de Internet Information Server (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Información técnica (para personal de soporte)

Vaya a los Servicios de soporte técnico de Microsoft y realice una búsqueda por título con las palabras HTTP y 404.

Abra la Ayuda de IIS, que está accesible en el Administrador de IIS (inetmgr), y busque los temas titulados Instalación de sitios Web, Tareas administrativas habituales y Acerca de los mensajes de error personalizados.

-----------

Greets

957.png

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

The web site for Cuba is currently offline due to the fact that the FIR Chief lives in Cuba and has difficulty maintaining a presence. We are looking into providing backup charts for Cuba at another location. In the meantine www.vatcar.org does have other beautiful countries available with charts for your flying pleasure.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill

Simon Gaigg 912831
Posted
Posted

Anyway thanks for this INFO.

Nevertheless how long will it take to get charts for CUBA.

I cannot believe that VATCAR is the only site for CUBAN charts.

Are there other WebPages which offer the Whole Charts for CUBA

-----------

Greets

957.png

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Well as you know in this hobby we all have to find ways of getting charts. For some of us it means buying them, scanning them and posting them. So I cannot tell you exactly when we will get it done. If you have a particular airport in mind I will try and get a chart to you.

There may be other places on the Internet to get these charts other than VATCAR.

Its not only difficult for us to get charts, its also difficult to get staff...VATSIM has thousands of members and it is amazing how hard it is to get anyone to join our region. The USA and Europe attract the most people.

So please dont be too annoyed with VATCAR, we are doing the very best with what we have

Thanks

Bill

Simon Gaigg 912831
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Thank you for the fast answer

Yes I can understand the amount of work getting charts, scanning them,...Now I can understand the problem with getting charts.

I never thought about this, I guessed that all charts over the world are available at VATSIM.

I´m Vatsim member since 2004 and never put up with Longhaul-Routes .

Most of the time I flew in Europe region, there are pretty all charts for the main-airports available, so that´s why i thought there must be charts for all places over the world

If you need Help from myside don´t hesitate and tell me what I can do for VATSIM to

provide this chart service.

It´s also my interest to learn and help developing VATSIM.

You said you are looking for VATCAR Staff, I would be very pleased to be part of your

VATCAR staff, you no I have time enough to put my energy into that.

Greets, Simon

-----------

Greets

957.png

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that reply Simon. If you would like to work with VATCAR as ATC please visit our web site and take a look at the FIRs currently active...You will find many that will help you. Currently our active areas are Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Curacao, Trinidad(Piarco) And Santo Domingo (DR). So take your time visit those sites and see which one fits your needs. Once you decide write to the Chief and he will take it from there.

You can also feel free to write any senior staff member at the Division level for further information. Jesus Jacir is now the Director and would be pleased to also help.

Once gain thanks and hope to see you soon.

I am going to put charts as a priority and hopefully improve that area, especially Cuba as you noted.

Cheers

Bill

Jesus Jacir 810791
Posted
Posted

Hi Simon, the Cuba FIR wbsite moved to a new location and can be found in this URL http://www.visachi.com/Cuba/Fircuba/vfircuba/index.html . Soon the links in the VATCAR website will be updated.

Saludos,

Jesus E. Jacir

RD VATCAMC

Simon Gaigg 912831
Posted
Posted

Buenas noches,

many thanks for the Information regarding the ATC Caribean and the link

for the cuban charts

You guys are really fantastic providing me this vital info

Now, I will have a closer look to the different regions and soon contact Staff to enjoy

learning and keeping forward with anything that comes a long with such a nice job.

Thank you very much ,

Greets, Simon

-----------

Greets

957.png