You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-plane help

Michael Smith

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

I was thinking of buying X-Plane 8.20 + Global Scenery

I heard that the airports in x-plane were not good can anyone tell me how bad it is? I also looked at the pics. of the global scenery will i get these on my rig?

2GB RAM

2.80 GHZ of CPU

how are the FMCs can they do SID/STARS

Michael

Jeremy Castellanos 1007109
Posted
Posted
I was thinking of buying X-Plane 8.20 + Global Scenery

I heard that the airports in x-plane were not good can anyone tell me how bad it is? I also looked at the pics. of the global scenery will i get these on my rig?

2GB RAM

2.80 GHZ of CPU

how are the FMCs can they do SID/STARS

Michael

No there are not good be default. Austin wasn't going for the looks. BUT, you can download airports either freeware or payware. Secondly you can convert them from MSFS into Xplane. I have done that and I now have alot of detailed airports. I have been doing some of my own work also. It's still a great investment in my opinion. I love Xplane and with all the planes you can download to your preference of choice, you will have a great experience. As far as FMC's well they need some working on to get the to do SID's and STAR's but you can use Flight Planner software to help with that issue. I believe there is a payware for a fully functional FMC for one of the airliners.

Peter Larsen 885332
Posted
Posted

Converting scenery from FS9 is easy, yes xplane do simulate real flight that also means that if you do something wrong you may crash remember xplane is a SImULATOR not a game.

3500.png

• 1 month later...
Terry White 1027014
Posted
Posted

You can also get a printed manual for X-Plane HERE http://x-manual.net if you want to. I got tired of paging down through the screen manual myself - and to look at it I had to knock down X-Plane.

Mark Steele 953544
Posted
Posted

another option to consider is joining a VA that has scenery available for X-Plane - the VA I belong to has over 100MB of customized airports available!

87.png

61.png

cax_sig.gif