You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help part #2

Mathew McGeorge 923791

Mathew McGeorge 923791
Posted
Posted

Hi.

heres some quiestions if some-one could be happy enough to tell me then ill be gratfull:

1. How do i set it so i can see other players online.

2. How do i connect to advanced voice client.

3. Why caint i chat to other players whyle online.

4. How deos Avanced Voice Client work.

5. How dfo i find players, how do i know how many is in each server.

Plz help.!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

How do i get scenery to work?

How do i get cockpits to work?

Thank's..

matsig.jpg

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

Hello, ill try and help as much as i can

Q1 - im not sure why you cant, in my expirience they are always there , maby somone can help you with that 1

Q2 - Advanced Voice Client, Have everything we set up b4 running and click on the Advanced Voice Client Icon to start it, on the connection TAB put your callsign and the server room IP (i ususly connect to 80.249.98.88/UNICOM) on the Pilot Info TAB put your vatsim ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and chose the server you wish to connect to, then simply go back to the connection TAB and click connect, and bingo your on

Q3 - to chat to other players you could use SB, u can send private messages to.. say for example Los Angeles Ground buy simply typing in the box in squawkbox " .msg LAX_GND " then your chosen message

Q4 - You can set up push to talk in the Audio Setup TAB located along the top of Advanced Voice Client

Q5 - You can see who is online on the vatsim website, on the home page click "who's online"

Good Luck with it

Martin

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> 1. How do i set it so i can see other players online.

> 5. How dfo i find players, how do i know how many is in each server.

Vatsim is one global server system, once you are on Vasim you're at tha only one place, the Vastim virtual world.

After you have connect by Squawkbox right mouse menu "Connect", (the "Connect" should disable and "Disconnect" enable).

A)

Use ServInfo load with "VATSIM" - button, than page "All pilots", you should find your self there.

B)

Then see the ServInfo page "Map", please verify that you are at correct position (else you might have position problem).

Other airplane should be visible if close to you, (try FS top-down view).

> 3. Why caint i chat to other players whyle online.

Squawkbox insert text-line write to an other pilot private message with callsignal AB123:

.msg AB123 Good day, I'm new, how are you doing ?

If you don't write the .msg AB123, then everybody in thet area get the message.

If ATC is available, you should contact ATC by Squawkbox right mouse "ATC Directory" and double click th ATC freq you want.

> 2. How do i connect to advanced voice client.

> 4. How deos Avanced Voice Client work.

Read docomeent, or try Vatsim with text only first. You might come back with some more specific question next. No need I try explaine ALL what written in docomeent.

ServInfo Map show all airplane and ATC current available.

Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Martin Tait 908838
Posted
Posted

thanks Lennart

British Airways | B737 | EGLL

logo-red-small.png

Mathew McGeorge 923791
Posted
Posted

How do i get panel add ons to work? and scenery

matsig.jpg

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> How do i get panel add ons to work? and scenery

You might possible get some specific good general advises here.

Else the general answer is, do as written in the docomeent for exactly the actual panel/Scenery.

If you write some specific panel/scenery (type Title/filename), with even some specific problem, then it's more likely someone can reply specific.

Else it's a good advise to use the Forum Search function, I know ther was some general advises for scenery, but just search where.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png