You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using voice on online ATC play

Martin Detournay 923619

Martin Detournay 923619
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the voice system on ATC online play. When I connect, I check the box " Use Roger Wilco" but when I talk in my perfectly working microphone, the controller has no signal. Is there something I did wrong?

Looking forward for the answer

Martin

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

1. Do you hear when ATC speak ?

2. Do you push the AVC key Push-To-Talk ?

3. Do you here your self on AVC Playback test ?

4. Try select AVC device "Wave" (not "Direct sound").

Say how it goes.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

have you clicked on the controller's name in the ATC directory? and did the atis then appear in SB? If not then you are not connected correctly.

Are you using a router or a firewall, because if so you may need to open the correct ports. The information on which ones is in the Pilot Resource Center.

Ruth

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted

Also, do you have AVC installed? If so, 'use roger wilco' has no effect. If you don't have AVC installed, install it and set it up.

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted
Also, do you have AVC installed? If so, 'use roger wilco' has no effect.

This is plain wrong. Although you are using AVC now instead of Roger Wilco, you should still tick this box, as AVC behaves exactly like Roger Wilco and communicates with Squawkbox in the same way. Just leave the field "Voice Server" in the Squawkbox connect dialog empty when you connect with VATSIM.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted
Also, do you have AVC installed? If so, 'use roger wilco' has no effect.

This is plain wrong. Although you are using AVC now instead of Roger Wilco, you should still tick this box, as AVC behaves exactly like Roger Wilco and communicates with Squawkbox in the same way. Just leave the field "Voice Server" in the Squawkbox connect dialog empty when you connect with VATSIM.

In my experience, this field served no purpose with AVC. Ok? I can only speak from what I know.

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life

Andre Koch 852831
Posted
Posted
In my experience, this field served no purpose with AVC. Ok? I can only speak from what I know.

To further a little on what Martin has said, by leaving the server field blank you avoid getting the error messaging upon start-up of AVC, saying something to the effect of you needing to connect to a Vatsim server first before you start AVC. By checking the "Use RW voice" box and leaving the server field empty, AVC will automatically start when you connect to Vatsim, but will not join a voice server until you select a controller from the squawkbox menu (hence avoiding the aforementioned error message).

Cheers,

Andre Koch

Director VACC-SAG

[email protected]

VACCSAG-Banner-300x65.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Martin Detournay 923619
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot for all the replies.

It really helped me a lot. Everything is working fine now.

Again thank you and nice flying!