You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC - Could not open UDP voice port.

Jesper Hagstrom 975235

Jesper Hagstrom 975235
Posted
Posted

Hello!

Since I got back from my summer holliday I've got this error in VRC:

"Could not open UDP voice port. Perhapse another VATSIM program is running such as ASRC?".

But nothing is running, any idéa what it might be? During this time period I've also changed my broadband modem to a newone, but my router is the same, could it be something there?

Best Regards,

Jesper Hagstrom.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Does the new broadband modem have a firewall built in? If that's all that has changed I'd start there.

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, are you SURE it's not running, because firstly, if two things try to use the same port, the first one will get the port, the second program won't. I've had this with other programs where you close it, but it mysteriously stays open, and when you try to open it, and it wants to use a port, it crashes, or errors, etc.

So, since you're probably using Windows, go CTRL+ALT+DEL, and go to Task Manager(If it's not XP, if it is, skip the Task Manager step), and go to Processes, click the username tab, and it'll change the sorting. Look through those and anything that's open that could be using that port, try ending it, though you shouldn't really do that, just look for asrc.exe, or VRC.exe, which are both self explanatory.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Jesper Hagstrom 975235
Posted
Posted

The problem is now solved, thanks for your replys. The problem was that when I'd reactivated my Panda Antivirus I'd also got their firewall program without any extra cost, which I didn't know. So I just had to open up the settings and allow vrc.exe then it worked! Stupid Panda

Regards,

Jesper Hagstrom.