You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Any VATUSA'ers from the SF Bay Area in real life?

Michael Mimiaga 1017205

Michael Mimiaga 1017205
Posted
Posted

Hey I just wanted to ask everyone real quick if there were any San Fransisco Bay Area natives on VATUSA, because I live in the East Bay (Concord) and we have a GA airfield over here (KCCR) and would like to maybe get together with some locals from the area from VATSIM and maybe do a tour of Buchannon and maybe get together for some flying/controlling. (LAN party type thing) I've sort of looked around but haven't seen or heard much so I though I'd throw it out there...... anyone?

Michael Anthony Mimiaga

Island Air Virtual

CEO & Founder

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Check out the Oakland ARTCC forum: http://www.oakartcc.com/forum/index.php

Many of those guys are from the Bay Area. They're having a small gathering in August, if memory serves, check it out.

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I'm in Antioch untl next Friday, Aug 3. Been here on a job since June.

Kyle Ramsey

Michael Mimiaga 1017205
Posted
Posted

Yeah I was going to post this in their forums as well, I was just to tired at 4 am when I wrote the original, Anyways Kyle if you have some free time from work maybe we could get together this weekend, not sure what your plans look like, Id be really interested in meeting a controller who could show me the ropes a little bit, My ultimate goal would be to find a VATUSA instructor to mentor me in real life, that would be cool. Anyways, PM me if you'd like and im going to post this up at Oaklands ARTCC.

Michael Anthony Mimiaga

Island Air Virtual

CEO & Founder

Chris Smith
Posted
Posted

I love San Francisco. The best city in California by far.

C

Chris Smith

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at http://www.ndbair.com

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Michael,

If you want to control in that area, you should join the Oakland ARTCC and receive instruction from their folks.

Brett Susnitzky 920596
Posted
Posted

Im in the South bay in Santa Clara, right next to SJC.

Brett Susnitzky

FAA PPL-ASEL

Michael Mimiaga 1017205
Posted
Posted

I am currently a Student controller with Oakland ARTC, I just took their first SOP test.

Michael Anthony Mimiaga

Island Air Virtual

CEO & Founder

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Cadle 989747
Posted
Posted

I am here in the Bay, Marin actually... Been looking around for something like this, seems to me that there would be more than a few people in the area on VATSIM...

Samuel Cadle

VERT708SB

Commanding Officer,

Northwest District

VERT ATC

[email protected]

Sig2.jpg

Michael Mimiaga 1017205
Posted
Posted

Yeah im in Concord, I will use this forum when I set up something a KCCR later this month or early next month, I'll keep you informed.

Michael Anthony Mimiaga

Island Air Virtual

CEO & Founder